We stayed here five nights as a part of our Australian honeymoon trip.
Very easy to get to from the airport (we took a taxi which was $23 but there are also shuttle buses) and the location of this hotel is just perfect! Right opposite the lagoon, right next to a tourist centre (we booked all our trips there – they are very helpful), 5 min walk to the reef terminal and all the cafes, restaurants, bars and shops are on your doorstep! The only negative of this is that especially on Fri & Sat night you do hear people and music from the streets outside until late. We managed to still sleep fine but it might be an issue for some people. It might be ok if your room is facing the pool side of the hotel.
The reception staff was very helpful, our room was very nice, bed was comfy, bathroom big and clean (the toiletries were really nice) and we had a really good stay. The pool area is also nice with a ok size pool, spa and bbq area. The gym looked well equipped but we didn’t get to use it.
We didn’t have a problem with the room not being serviced as we did our research and knew this was the case in advance.
Cairns is an amazing place with great atmosphere and if we go there we would stay at this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns