Spent 2 nights in Cairns at the Mantra Esplanade in one of their 1 bedroom apartments. Hotel was well recommended on TripAdvisor so had fairly high hopes and the room was very nice, king size bed was very comfortable as was the sofa bed. There's not a lot of privacy if a couple staying with a friend as there's only a thin sliding door between the bedroom and living area but was not a big deal. Kitchen was well equipped also and we were able to cook for ourselves quite easily.
As mentioned in the title, the hotel is in the perfect location on the Esplanade by the ocean and a 5 minute walk to the wharfs where barrier reef tours depart from, the public artificial beach/pool area and a variety of restaurants. The only hotel in Cairns with a better location would be the Shangri-La so no complaints there. Staff at reception were also very helpful and able to provide extra room cards for us as well as provide recommendations for places to go.
The swimming pool wasn't brilliant - it is in the shade of the hotel building most of the day and therefore is quite cold and this showed as I saw nobody use it in the time I was there. Also, the spa and sauna advertised were not working so we were unable to use these.
However, due to the quality of the room and the location, would definitely recommend to anyone spending a few days in Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns