The hotel is in a perfect location, right near the Lagoon, 5 min walk to the marina, 2 mins to Woolworths and bars are on the doorstep. The Courthouse which is right out the back of the hotel is great for pre dinner drinks and we had lunch one day it was delicious.
The rooms leave a lot to be desired they're modern(ish) looking but everything is tired and old, our bed caved in the middle. But you get what you pay for it was cheap for that location.
The most disappointing thing for me was the service, in the 4 nights we were there the cleaner did not come once! We had to go to front desk to request some more body wash and toilet roll. I left an item in the room and realised immediately as i left so i called and they 'couldn't find it.' Its the only place i had my case open so it was definitely in the room. The dishonesty is disappointing.
On the last day we asked the lady on recpetion to help us get a taxi but she wouldnt call anyone for us. Being foreigners our phone dont work so that was unhelpful. Also security isn't great. They stored our bags for us on day 1 but when we came to collect them a different person was on reception and she asked no questions she just said go through and get them. Not very secure :-/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns