We booked a 2 bedroom apartment, having read previous reviews I thought it was close to most things we wanted to do... I would have to say its hands down one of the best spots to stay at due to how close it is to every thing!!
Pros:- close to every thing we wanted to do, rooms were very spacious and clean, very friendly staff who always said hello or have a good day ect.. Comfy beds and a washing machine and full kitchen which made saving some money on meals possible as we had a fridge and woolies is a 2 minute walk away.
Cons:- the rooms are a little dated, my main issue would have to be the water pressure and trying to get a constant temp, this was a MAJOR issue when trying to shower an 18month old, by the 3rd day(out of 5) we ended up washing our son by a warm face washer as the shower would go hot to cold, hot and then cold to burning your skin hot in a matter of seconds! The lounge chairs are very uncomfortable as well but they would have to be our only complaints with our room.
I really don't know why people complain about no room service, the website clearly states it when booking(we were also reminded when checking in) and taking the rubbish bag to the end of our level wasnt even a problem.
Having stayed between Christmas to New Years we were told we could still have a late check out when booking due to flights how ever upon check in we were told that was now not possible but we could still leave our bags in a room at the lobby, not too impressed with that but it is a minor issue.
I would stay here again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns