After reading some of the reviews I was a little hesitant on booking with the Mantra but for our price range it seemed a good option with a central location.
Although it was not a 5 star accommodation it was not bad either. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which I thought was great in relation to the price we paid. The thing with a 2 bedroom apartment is that it is not one apartment. You enter the main door that then leads to two doors - one is a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen and the other is just a hotel room. Since we were two couple that was perfect for us. If you have a young family you may want to reconsider and the kids may not be comfortable sleeping on their own. The rooms itself were great. Both had a decent balcony, big beds, decent size toilets and everything was clean and well presented. As someone else has mentioned that it clearly states on their website that room service is not included and we were fine with that. Being there for 3 days only room service was not required.
The pool and the gym were good enough and yes the pics on their website are a little deceiving. It was also great that parking was provided with the accommodation and there were no extra charges.
The best part is the location of this hotel and it is right on the esplanade which is great.
Overall can't really fault this hotel in relation to the price we paid. So if you are someone that needs luxury then you might pass on this but otherwise, for us, it was a comfortable accommodation and I would stay here again if I get it for a similar price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns