We stayed for 5 nights in a city view 1 bedroom apartment and could not fault anything.
The bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, kitchen well fitted out, with plenty of space in the lounge area.
There were two tvs, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, however we did not turn on either during our stay. We had a balcony with a small table and two chairs.
We were aware that the apartment would not be serviced daily and this suited us fine. Pool towels and extra toilet paper were available at reception. There is a small daily charge for the use of the in room safe which did not worry us. We took advantage of one of the packages and believe we got great value for money.
There was new carpet in the hallway on our level and it looked as if the walls had been freshly painted. I would imagine that most of the renovations on all levels would be near completion.
The pool was clean and refreshingly cool. You need to swipe your key card at the gate. This is a plus as it allows only hotel residents access to the pool.
We had a few drinks and a bite to eat at the hotel restaurant. The food and service was great.
Mantra Esplanade is in a prime location and we hope to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments, featuring air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. Onsite facilities include 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns