I stayed here with my wife and 6 month old daughter in July 2009. I was attending a conference in Cairns and my family came with me (before holidaying in FNQ).
The Mantra Esplanade has the best location in Cairns for young families - it's literally across the road and you are in the swimming lagoon. We found the hotel clean and well maintained but it was a little lacking in amenities for what we paid. The microwave was tiny (which was very important to us because we could only just fit our steam sterilizer in it with the glass tray removed). The TV's were CRT type (no flat screens, which are becoming standard in most better quality places now).
Our biggest disappointment was that the 1 Bedroom appartment that we booked was on the small side and not really a true 1 BR - the bedroom is separated from the living/kitchen with sliding louvre doors. This made it awkward to have a "noise proof" area where our baby could sleep (we brought our own portacot).
A small criticism is that we found it was noisy from buskers on the McDonald's corner (although they always stopped by 10pm, so this wasn't a big deal) and also at about 2am for about 10 minutes on the Thursday night (when the backpackers bar down the road closed and the revellers obviously spilled out onto the street).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns