The Mantra Hotels are everywhere. They are a good product, but not a great product, its just they are everywhere, at least 2 in every major city in Australia.
We chose the Esplanade because of the position which was as we thought fantastic. Right in the middle of everything, across the road from the swimming lagoon which was lovely, a little warm and a little crowded but a fun experience.
Lesley's warm welcome at reception made the trip. She was awesome. This is what can really make a stay 5 star, though I wouldn't call the rest 5 star.
Nothing majorly wrong, just expensive cost for an average room, whilst with a lovely balcony overlooking the water, comfy bed (king with two singles together which worked well), great TV, fridge, furnishings, the bathroom was a little lacklustre, toilet seat wonky every time you sat down, bath had a shower curtain!!!! (the 80s called they want their curtain back) and a very wide vanity so much so you couldn't really get close to put makeup on (ok not a biggie but would be nice to have a vanity that helped us girls). Loved the soap, nice touch I adore those little touches (square shaped not those usual wrapped round yicky smelling chemical soaps) it smelled like lemongrass and the little shampoo/conditioner sets were lovely.
Interesting observation. Two doors of rooms next to each other with the same foyer with one door if you know what I mean. Now great idea in theory but NOT if you put a couple like us next to a family with screaming kids who ever time their door was opened would scream and perfect coz the entry way is tiled, so the sound was louder. Light on in this entry way all night so light streaming in like a spotlight under and around the door frame.
Suggestion, have the light come on when someone comes in that first door and have it dimmed so it doesn't affect either room. Daylight comes early in Cairns and people on hols would love a bit of a sleep in. Oh and yeah why not put a couple next to another couple or single instead of a family with kids? We're on holidays and the last thing we want is kids screaming at 7 am!
I would stay at this hotel again but with the above suggestions plus please oh please why cannot not Mantra offer free wi fi & internet into their hotels? It is so bloody cheap to offer this service and with the world being so online these days it would be a nice touch and considering I have found Three to be non-existent north of Melbourne, it would have made things so much better. High charges for internet are so old fashioned and ultimately will lead to you losing favour. I will be flying to Bali in 2 days and know that wi fi is everywhere in most hotels, please move with the times.
Thank you for car parking, pretty good room, great position, lovely view, superb receptionist and sorry there were some complaints but I am sure in time they will be looked at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns