Stayed for 1 night only prior to going diving on a live-aboard. Arrived at midnight after a flight from Brisbane. Had called ahead to warn them I would be arriving at that time and ensure someone would be there for me to check in. When I arrived there was someone at the desk. As I was paying my cab, the desk person left the desk and went somewhere else, even though my taxi driver had pulled right up to the door in the roundabout and I was clearly coming into the hotel. I could not get into the hotel as the doors were locked. The taxi driver had to honk his horn several times to get the person to come back and let me in.
The hotel room was fine, except that there were ants everywhere. Initially I thought it was only the bathroom, which clearly had not been cleaned. There was coffee or cola pop dripped all over the counter clearly attracting the ants. Afterwards however I realized there were also ants in the main hotel room as well, climbing the walls, etc.
The next day upon checkout I went to the front desk and asked if I could leave my bags. The front desk women (who I had spoken to 10 minutes prior) snapped at me "And who are you? We don't just let anyone leave their bags here!" I responded that I had just came off the elevators, had spoken to her in person 10 mins earlier and was checking out but not leaving cairns until later that day. She then apologize quickly, and I was able to leave my bags but too little too late...
would definitely not stay here unless there was nowhere else to stay. Head up the coast to Palm Cove and stay at Melaleuca - absolutely lovely, right on the beach, gorgeous pool for the same price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments, featuring air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. Onsite facilities include 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns