“Excellent!!!”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I spent a week in Cairns in October with my wife and our daughter and we were very lucky to find this Hotel. We staid in an very big room with a nice kitchen. It´s very well located, has a very good price, very clean and the must important: the staff is excelent, very professional and super nice, they would help you with everything you need, tours and dives booking included. It has also a beautiful pool. This hotel is a great choise for everyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ZT77
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Dany J,

Firstly my apologies for not getting back to you earlier regarding your wonderful review of your stay at the Coral Tree Inn.
All the staff members here are committed to ensuring all our guests enjoy a truly memorable stay with us and I will pass on your appreciation to them. I know this type of feedback to our team members is very important and makes them feel that they do make a difference to our guests experience.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Thouroughly enjoyed our stay here. Rooms were clean and spacious and wine glasses plates and cutlery were provided in thr room. Staff were friendly and helpful. On the one evening it rained we ate in the hotel and our meal was excellent even tho the poor chef was innundated as so many people stayed in and he had no help. Breakfast was lovely

Room Tip: overlooking the pool is the nicest outlook
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maureenManchester
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear maureenManchester,

Thank you for writing a review for Coral Tree Inn.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay here.
I will pass on your appreciation to our Chef for the mention.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

The staff is a kind.
When it passed over 9:30, a horizontal door did not show entering but it sounded the bell.
We're sorry.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank るびー☆
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear るびー☆,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We hope your stay was a comfortable one.

The front door near the reception is locked only after 21:30 Hrs for added security.
An afterhours gate located at either sides of the building, gives you access to the guest rooms and other facilities in the hotel. A night staff resides in the hotel premises and can be summoned for help at any time of the night.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Very clean and the staff were so helpful & friendly with tips to finding local attractions and ammenities. There was traffic being in such a great location but we were so exhausted each night it didn't disturb us a bit.
The kids were comfortable and spent pre breakfast & dinner in the swimming pool having the time of their life.

Room Tip: Book in early and if you have kids get a unit near the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandyhall9

Dear Sandyhall9,

I will pass on your appreciation to all our staff members. I know this type of feedback to our team members is very important and makes them feel that they do make a difference to our guests experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Negotiated a weekly rate for a standard room. On checkin was upgraded to a suite without any fanfare. Excellent room 303 on the East side of the complex. Well set up with two balconies two programmable airconditioners large flat screen TV and a fully setup kitchenette. Personally I prefer a walkin shower but if you like shower over bath then this is what is provided. For me an excellent WIFI signal was required, this was available on the west side of this complex(room 307).
Being a fussy buggar I wanted sun in the morning AND excellent WIFI.

I should note that the WIFI is provided via OZspots and there installation was not so good. This caused problems for the management (As well as me personally).

So willing to help, manager offerd me a number of room keys to check out the WIFI signal. I chose 224 as my preference(222) was being renovated.

Coral Tree was perfectly situated for me. Opposite a park, not a lot of street traffic(noise) and 3 or 4 blocks(I wanted the walk) to either the main Shopping Centre of the tourist centre on the Esplanade.

If I could be guaranteed excellent WIFI coverage, I would be back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The choice of room is morning sun or afternoon sun. A pool view or a street view. Best WIFI is pool...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear old_bloke_60,

I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Coral Tree Inn's services and facilities.

Please contact me directly or one of our friendly staff members if would like to come back to Cairns.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week in sept 2011.. The rooms are presented well, clean, with a king sized bed..a huge flat screen television won my hubby's heart.. The motel was close to everything, walking 7 mins to the esplanade with all the restaurants at hand...
Breakfast was lovely, as we sat by the pool.. I would recommend coral tree to everyone, we stayed and had breakfast everyday for $82 a night..fantastic value..loved it.. They only thumbs down, would be that the shower wasn't great, it would be warm one minute then cold the next, not everyday though.. Maybe only when too many people were having showers at once..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Iananddee,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review it is important that we receive feedback so that we can continue to improve our services and facilities to our guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our staff members if you wish to come back and stay with us

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The complex is convenient both to Esplanade and city (within walking distance) and well served with tourist buses and airport transfers. It is in very good heart and most rooms seem to have an outside area with table and chairs either overlooking the park or a narrow garden strip at the back. Breakfast was included in my tariff and was very good with a small range of cereal, toast, fruit, and hot selections. It also offers spa and beauty treatments. However, I had just one night before travelling further and wanted an undisturbed night's sleep. It seemed that every hour or so during the night a toilet was flushed and from four in the morning, showers began. This meant a noise like a small plane preparing for take-off. Concrete construction and tiles throughout, create very efficient acoustics so that the sound reverberates. It may be quieter on the first floor, but I will not be returning to find out for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear deejay17,

Thank you for writing a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities at the Coral Tree Inn.

In regards to your concern about the room being noisy, we are looking in to ways to reduce the noise to avoid any inconvenience.

The design and construction of the building makes it more difficult to overcome this problem. However we are the process to resolve this issue by using absorptive materials within the building to reduce reflected sound.
We appreciate your feedback.