Coral Tree Inn
Hilton
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$94
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$95
Hotels.com
US$201
US$146
  • Restaurant
Tropical Heritage Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$63
US$271
US$152
US$213
US$161
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$82
Agoda.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$121
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$106
  • Pool
All reviewsno lifta ground floor roombbq arealaundry roomminute walkclose to townstayed here for nightswould stay againsmall poolfamily roomeasy walking distancebudget hotelfree wifienjoyed my stayshort stayvisiting cairnsreception area
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I paid less than $100 for bed and breakfast for one night, prior to picking up a scuba dive boat. I like the rustic charm of this place - it's close to central Cairns but nicely 'out of the way' of noisy revellers. I was greeted by a young lady on reception who hails from Hong Kong, and she was helpful, friendly and courteous. As a solo traveller, I always appreciate a little small talk, and she asked about my dive trip. My room was clean and the air conditioning worked well. The bathroom served my needs perfectly well and I think they've upgraded the toiletries since I was here five years ago. I love the pool at this place - it's nicely shaded, but as they rent the towels out, it's simpler to use one from your room. Breakfast was certainly adequate - juice, fruit, yoghurt, sausages, eggs, etc. I think it's always prudent to manage one's expectations when staying at hotels. If I pay $350 per night, then I expect some glamour. At the Coral Tree Inn, you can't expect glamour, but you can expect, and receive, great service, a clean room, friendly staff and a lovely pool area. For an overnighter, I don't need anything more.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room, you don't have to ask to be away from the road. The hotel is in a quiet location and the road has very little traffic at night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TrevorHall
Anand C, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear TrevorHall,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most thankful for the valuable feedback.

It is truly rewarding to note that your stay with us was comfortable and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

I have passed on your appreciation to Adele for the mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Coral Tree Inn is very basic. The washroom, especially the shower isn't the nicest. There was mildew in the cracks of the shower, and the toilet STANK up the bathroom after you flushed each time, it was the strangest thing. The room was not bad...basic, but clean. Good that the room had a safe. We found a Jaw Bones speaker in the safe when we arrived, but returned it to the receptionist as we suspect that someone must have left it behind. Location wise, it was relatively close to the Esplanade (approx 8-10min walk). I would stay it is definitely a 3 star, not 4.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear ptang09,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

In regards to your concerns I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations regarding the cleanliness in the bathroom during your stay. I have addressed this issue with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that these areas are looked into and to make sure that this will not be repeated.
Thanks for informing us about the lost and found contents. The hotel has a lost and found policy in place to ensure that these belongings are returned back to their owner.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to a future opportunity to exceed your expectations at the Coral Tree Inn.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was exactly what we wanted. A lovely hotel, two blocks from the sea. The room was big with a good size bathroom overlooking the pool and the beds were very comfortable. There was an outdoor gas bbq where you could cook your own food or there was an onsite restaurant. The front reception staff were very friendly and very knowledgeable.
Only thing was that there were no elevators in the building so we had to pull our large cases up the stairs to the first floor.
All in all a pleasant hotel for a few nights if you are looking for somewhere to lay your head while exploring the region.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Shellymf,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Good value. Good location. Good price. Comfortable modern rooms. Friendly community atmosphere in central courtyard. Has all the necessities. Good location, a short walk from centre of town but far enough away from drunken revellers. Breakfast buffet was very basic but was alright to aid in a quick morning departure. Overall, would recommend to travellers wanting basic comfort.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Lok_Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay while here at the Coral Tree Inn.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed two nights. Provided a good base to explore the rest of the Cairns. Room was fine for sleeping and bathing. Clean and comfortable room. Staff was a bit spotty on being helpful. Parking is first come first serve so if you drive while you are there, it can become problematic. They also seem to favor bus loads, so if you need a lot of service it could be a dissapointment. For us not bad, but I would probably explore other options on any return trip.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Anand C, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear chawinflut,

Thank you for staying at the Coral Tree Inn, and for sharing your views through Trip Advisor.
It is important that the feedback provided by our guests is passed to my team to ensure that we continuously improve not only on our services but our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.