“Fantastic hotel close to centre”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Birmingham, UK
“Fantastic hotel close to centre”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I got a room for 4 nights at the Coral Tree Inn for a staggering $50 a night and in hindsight.....I'd have been quite happy to pay more. The room was large, comfortable and spotless and seemd quite grand for the price. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Air conditioning in the room was good but very noisy at night so I switched that off and kept the ceiling fan on a low setting while sleeping - absolutely perfect given the humidity. I didn't sample the breakfast as all the tour pick ups I had were very early. It's only a 10 minute walk to the Esplanade and the centre of town and is away from any hustle and bustle - not that that's too much of a problem in Cairns. The only issue I had, which others have mentioned, is the lack of free wi-fi. It's a gripe I have with any hotel that does similar and is not an issue I have in particular with the Coral Tree Inn - I just don't think there's a place for ANY hotel charging and profiting from wi-fi use. If it is an issue for you here then you can always pop down to the town front where there is free wi-fi all over the place, with an exceptionally strong service provided at the Lagoon. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: There's no lift/elevator, so try to get a room on the ground or first floor if you expect to be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Hungry_Hippo_UK
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Hungry_Hippo_UK,

Thank you for sharing your experience through Trip Advisor.
Your review and kind comments are greatly appreciated. We aim to offer affordable luxury, which means value with quality, and our concept is based around those elements that we believe really matter to the majority of guests.
A review like yours is therefore the best result, as it confirms to us that we are performing to the standards we set, and offering the right product at the right price.
In regards to the Wi-Fi the hotel is looking in to ways to make it complimentary to all guests as soon as the NBN upgrade reaches our door step.
I’m also happy to announce that we are in the process of changing all our air-conditioning units to inverter type for maximum comfort of all the guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Toronto
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The actual look of the hotel structure is not that pleasing. The room was ok, but our washroom didn't have a fan and window, so not very good ventilation.

The beds are ok. So for the price I paid I would say it's fair.

If you don't have the breakfast included into your package, don't pay it. It's not that good. Better of going to a restaurant or a coffee shop and spend less money. I ended up only eating two pieces of bread on the second day.

Stayed November 2013
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear coffee_tea_to,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Coral Tree Inn.

In regards to the breakfast prices, the hotel offers one of the most inexpensive hot breakfast buffet spreads in town, especially with the current promotion $25 for 2. It includes scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns, baked beans, French toast, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, bread variety, yoghurt, tea and coffee options etc.

When you do find yourself revisiting the city, please contact me directly and I will be able to ensure that you have a perfect stay here.

Rhondda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for a week while travelling Australia.
When we arrived at 5pm it was easy to park our hire car for free outside. We checked in quick and easy, big room with all the essentials and a balcony. Nice clean pool and sunbathing area! also has BBQ area which was a nice treat after a long day out. We ate at the restaurant twice and both meals were delicious and value for money. Wifi was good and all staff were very welcoming and helpful, we managed to park hire car everyday with not a problem. Short walk to all the sights and attractions and In cairns, would highly recommend
. Thank you for ending our travels on such a high

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel4889
Dear Rachel4889,

Thank you for such positive feedback and lovely comments regarding your stay here at the Coral Tree Inn.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed all the hotel’s facilities including the BBQ area, Wi-Fi internet and the saltwater pool. I am also pleased to learn that you were happy with the meals served in the restaurant and you found it to be good value. I will pass on your appreciation to all the staff members, I know this type of feedback to our team members is very important and makes them feel that they do make a difference to our guest’s experience.

It is very rewarding to hear that you felt that the hotel was excellent and that you will highly recommend us. I sincerely hope you revisit the hotel again soon.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent two nights here in October 2013. Good location just a few blocks from the Esplanade and downtown shopping. The rooms were big, bright and spotlessly clean. We booked a one bedroom kitchenette. The cooking facilities consisted of a microwave and two beat up electric fry pans...one with a lid. We had no plans to use them and even less thoughts when I took one out and found it greasy from the last person......just love those $10.00 Supermarket cooked chickens. The desk staff were great with directions and booked a tour for us in advance of our arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank igloo08
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear igloo08,

Thank you for taking the time to review Coral Tree Inn.

Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel’s location, cleanliness, room facilities and overall experience. Guest satisfaction is one of our many goals and we are delighted that our friendly staff met your expectations. I have passed this feedback to our Executive Housekeeper to review not only your room’s kitchenette facilities but other rooms to ensure that these areas are addressed and resolved.

Unfortunately, due to the constraints of the original building the hotel has small flights of stairs with no elevators, but our friendly staff is always ready to help anyone with their luggage.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is clean and close to shops, bars ect however cleaners banging doors & shouting at 6am is not ideal! Also they charge $15 for one day worth of wifi, I was unable to get connected to the internet once in that time. When I asked the reception staff for a refund he said there was nothing they could do, not helpful.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CC4x
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear CC4x,

Thank you for staying at the Coral Tree Inn, and for sharing your views through Trip Advisor.
I am very sorry to learn that your experience with us fell below your expectations. Our housekeeping service commences from 08:30 am and hence it couldn't be the staff creating the noise. However the noise issue concerns me and (about a year back) as a gentle reminder to all guests we have placed signs around the hotel, respectfully requesting all guests to keep noise to a minimum.
In regards to Wi-Fi difficulties, 24 hour phone support is available to all the guests once they purchase the internet voucher and face any problems. We are also looking in to ways to minimize the Wi-Fi charges and eventually making it complimentary for all our guests in near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Logan Village, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here for one night great place, clean, affordable, within walking distance of everything we needed. Helpful friendly staff on arrival desk rang as soon as our room was ready as we had arrived mid morning from a flight from Brisbane. Would definitely stay here again comfy bed maybe and extra pillow each would have been nice next time I would definitely ask for one.

Room Tip: ask for room that overlooks the pool not the street
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Madonna B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay, particularly the cleanliness and the warm, friendly service from our team. I'm glad to hear that you found our price to be affordable considering our proximity to the city centre.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next visit to Cairns. It would be my pleasure to make the necessary arrangements and provide extra set of pillows. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The staff were charming and very helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs.
The rooms were clean and well serviced.
The location was fair, but did require a short walk to the shops and restaurants.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lynne T
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Lynne T,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at Coral Tree Inn.

It is always a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback. We do pride ourselves on our rooms, service and location and it is nice you hear you appreciate it all.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.