“Great value.”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed for a 1 night layover. Great value. Clean, functional and good service. Room was spacious. Probably wouldn't book for a long stay as it is a couple of streets back with no nice views. Also, a really nice pool, although small, very clean and well presented.

Room Tip: Room 301 - the suite - great for a family.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear mikulspikul,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Coral Tree Inn through Trip Advisor.

We are all delighted to note that you enjoyed the comfort, service and the room during your short stay; all at an affordable price.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Cairns.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Central to the city and only a few minutes walking distance, full hot breakfast by the nice pool included in price , comfortable modern room, large TV. All the staff are helpful especially Kenji the Hotel Manager any assistance we wanted was immediately attended to. The price we paid was reasonable and value for money. So we recommended it to anyone wanting accommodation in Cairns at a acceptable price.
Our room was on second floor front and we enjoyed the adequate sized balcony with view over the Park opposite. Rod also made good use of it to smoke his pipe!!
Thanks for a pleasant stay and if we have cause to visit Cairns again will most certainly contact you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod M

Dear Rod M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community regarding your stay with us at Coral Tree Inn.

I was thrilled to read your review and that you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great that we can offer service and accommodation that allows our guests to simply sit back and relax knowing that all they have to do is enjoy their time. My staff was so happy to read your kind comments as they strive to offer the best service so all out guests feel welcome.

It is very rewarding to hear that you felt that the hotel was excellent value and that you will highly recommend us. I sincerely hope you revisit the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Was pleasantly surprised to be offered a cold facial towel to freshen up upon check in. Although wifi usage is chargeable, the hotel only charge a flat rate for the 3 nights' stay. This was better than my experience with Park Regis Sydney. Room is very spacious - like a self-contained studio service apartment. Very clean and cosy. Only setback is the lack of elevator although the staff helped us with the luggage. Also, it would be excellent if it has a bigger swimming pool. Its pool is more like a wading pool - probably suitable for children.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Judy T

Thank you for your post on your recent stay with Coral Tree Inn.

I was so pleased to read that we could offer accommodation that meant your stay was comfortable and easy one. I know the accommodation market place is full of choice to all our guests and it is important to all our staff that we get it right for all our guests who choose to stay with us.

We would love to welcome you back when next you stay in Cairns!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I enjoyed my time at Coral Tree Inn. The reception service is excellent, the room is very clean and the bed is comfortable. All worth the price. But just one advice, I hope you have soft quilts instead of blankets because the surface of the blankets are very rough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Luna218218,

Thank you for taking the time to post a 5* review of your stay at the Coral Tree Inn.
I am glad that you found the hotel clean, well-priced and our beds comfortable.
We are very fortunate to have such dedicated reception staff, who enjoy nothing more than surprising guests by going the extra mile and they will surely appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I got a room for 4 nights at the Coral Tree Inn for a staggering $50 a night and in hindsight.....I'd have been quite happy to pay more. The room was large, comfortable and spotless and seemd quite grand for the price. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Air conditioning in the room was good but very noisy at night so I switched that off and kept the ceiling fan on a low setting while sleeping - absolutely perfect given the humidity. I didn't sample the breakfast as all the tour pick ups I had were very early. It's only a 10 minute walk to the Esplanade and the centre of town and is away from any hustle and bustle - not that that's too much of a problem in Cairns. The only issue I had, which others have mentioned, is the lack of free wi-fi. It's a gripe I have with any hotel that does similar and is not an issue I have in particular with the Coral Tree Inn - I just don't think there's a place for ANY hotel charging and profiting from wi-fi use. If it is an issue for you here then you can always pop down to the town front where there is free wi-fi all over the place, with an exceptionally strong service provided at the Lagoon. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: There's no lift/elevator, so try to get a room on the ground or first floor if you expect to be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Hungry_Hippo_UK

Dear Hungry_Hippo_UK,

Thank you for sharing your experience through Trip Advisor.
Your review and kind comments are greatly appreciated. We aim to offer affordable luxury, which means value with quality, and our concept is based around those elements that we believe really matter to the majority of guests.
A review like yours is therefore the best result, as it confirms to us that we are performing to the standards we set, and offering the right product at the right price.
In regards to the Wi-Fi the hotel is looking in to ways to make it complimentary to all guests as soon as the NBN upgrade reaches our door step.
I’m also happy to announce that we are in the process of changing all our air-conditioning units to inverter type for maximum comfort of all the guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The actual look of the hotel structure is not that pleasing. The room was ok, but our washroom didn't have a fan and window, so not very good ventilation.

The beds are ok. So for the price I paid I would say it's fair.

If you don't have the breakfast included into your package, don't pay it. It's not that good. Better of going to a restaurant or a coffee shop and spend less money. I ended up only eating two pieces of bread on the second day.

Stayed: November 2013
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear coffee_tea_to,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay here at the Coral Tree Inn.

In regards to the breakfast prices, the hotel offers one of the most inexpensive hot breakfast buffet spreads in town, especially with the current promotion $25 for 2. It includes scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns, baked beans, French toast, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, bread variety, yoghurt, tea and coffee options etc.

When you do find yourself revisiting the city, please contact me directly and I will be able to ensure that you have a perfect stay here.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for a week while travelling Australia.
When we arrived at 5pm it was easy to park our hire car for free outside. We checked in quick and easy, big room with all the essentials and a balcony. Nice clean pool and sunbathing area! also has BBQ area which was a nice treat after a long day out. We ate at the restaurant twice and both meals were delicious and value for money. Wifi was good and all staff were very welcoming and helpful, we managed to park hire car everyday with not a problem. Short walk to all the sights and attractions and In cairns, would highly recommend
. Thank you for ending our travels on such a high

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel4889

Dear Rachel4889,

Thank you for such positive feedback and lovely comments regarding your stay here at the Coral Tree Inn.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed all the hotel’s facilities including the BBQ area, Wi-Fi internet and the saltwater pool. I am also pleased to learn that you were happy with the meals served in the restaurant and you found it to be good value. I will pass on your appreciation to all the staff members, I know this type of feedback to our team members is very important and makes them feel that they do make a difference to our guest’s experience.

It is very rewarding to hear that you felt that the hotel was excellent and that you will highly recommend us. I sincerely hope you revisit the hotel again soon.