“Good stay for a good price!”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We've booked this hotel via booking.com for 3 nights for $250,-
The welcome was good, the personnel was friendly and always willing to help you. The swimmingpool is quite okay, it's a bit small and there's not much sun because it's located between the buildings. The hotel is situated on a quiet location, the Esplanade is on a good walking distance (about 5 minutes).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ldhimself
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear ldhimself,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you had a good stay. So pleased that you could find the best deal on the internet.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are very grateful for the positive feedback.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in Cairns.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

poor breakfast ,no fresh juices
poor wifi; cheap fridge ; the rooms needs a good refurnishment
the hotel is in a quiet area of the city, just 10 minutes walk from the esplanade !
the garden in front of the hotel needs a good service !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauldes703
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear pauldes703,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience with the hotel.

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time with us. We take all feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.

My sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel for any inconvenience caused, and we await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here for one night after booking through a Wot Mystery Hotel offer on Wotif. This hotel was described as being a premier resort and as being walking distance from the reef fleet terminal. Upon arrival I was very surprised at the location of the hotel (20 minutes walk from the terminal) and was confused as to how this could have been described as a premier resort.

I had booked a king room and was initially given the keys to a twin room. The reception staff were happy to exchange the room, however the next option had a broken air conditioner. We were given yet another room which had a king bed (two singles pushed together) and working air conditioner. The toilet was leaking and the air conditioner constantly spat water onto the patio but otherwise the accommodation was clean and satisfactory. There was no secure parking which was a little worrying considering the location of the hotel.

I would have been satisfied with the Coral Tree Inn had I booked it as affordable budget accommodation instead of being mislead to believe that it was a four star resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vscrivener

Dear Vscrivener,

Thank you for your feedback, we believe it is crucial for our learning processes as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for all our guests.

Whilst I am happy to see that you rated the hotel so highly on cleanliness, I am sorry to read that your expectations did not match the mystery deal offerings. I wonder if there has been a mistake while booking this deal online, perhaps mistaking us for another property as we do not boast as ourselves a premier property on the mystery listing. Also if you notice most of our guests are pleasantly happy about the hotel’s location as the Esplanade, shops and restaurants are just a short stroll away.

Our sincere apologies for any disappointment and thank you again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rooms were clean but did not have a lot of place to store your clothes or set your suitcases. The floors were ceramic tile. Loved the spacious shower with the great water pressure!! You can get free Wi-Fi but for only 30 minutes each day and only in the lobby. The Esplanade is only about a 5 minute walk away. Staff were friendly and very helpful in calling to confirm our transports etc. Breakfast was a mix of hot and cold items but depending how you booked your breakfast may or may not be included in the price. If it is not, you may want to consider a short walk downtown. There is a safe in the room. This hotel still has actual keys and our room did not have a safety chair or a deadbolt lock which I was surprised about. I never felt unsafe in the area but would liked a deadbolt. There is a small pool /courtyard area and a grill area if you want to cook out. A good deal for the price especially if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room. **There is an area to store your suitcases if you leave for a scuba trip for the night but it was in an open room at the end of the hall and we walked in and out of the room several times to get things from our bag. I assume they locked it at night but we were not around to see for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear leopardgolfer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Coral Tree Inn following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be nice for the price and location. Recently we have started offering free Wi-Fi internet service to all guests. Coral Tree Inn is amongst the very few hotels that offers complimentary internet service in Cairns. I am happy to inform you that we have reviewed our internet plans and there is no restriction on surfing except downloading bulk content.

In regards to a dead bold in the guest rooms, Queensland Fire laws does not allow accommodation providers to install them as it may compromise guests safety to access rooms in an emergency situation. The hotel however has put all security measures in place to ensure guests safety and security.

I have passed your kind words to all the staff members, who are most grateful and it serves a very nice reward for a job well done.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I found this hotel to be well run, very clean and spacious with excellent facilities. An ironing board, iron and hair dryer were in the room - no extra charge. Free wifi was also provided. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The Esplanade was a quick 5 minute walk away. Close to shops and transport. Only 10 minutes from the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Annette R
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear nettiemr,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Coral Tree Inn.

Reading such glowing comments about the hotel, service and comfort makes everyone in our team immensely proud. My team was very happy to read your comments about being helpful and friendly, they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity whilst not being too overbearing. I am also very happy that you enjoyed all the little extras that we provide to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience.

My team and I look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Coral Tree Inn. If you're looking for a 5-star hotel, this isn't going to be the place for you, but we found it to be quaint, comfortable and very clean. Each room has a little balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the outdoor pool area - it was a nice place to sit outside in the evening. While the rooms were incredibly clean, the pool looked a bit dingy and uninviting. If you want to swim, there's a beautiful public pool in Cairns a short walk away that I think would be a better option. Great front desk staff - very friendly and helpful and I was really impressed with they way they handled a complaint we had on our first night. We had a bit of a problem when we checked in as our room absolutely REEKED of cigarette smoke. We went downstairs to ask to switch to a different room - the gentleman at the desk was incredibly apologetic and polite and told us that they were fully booked that night and would not be able to move us to a new room until the next day. We had plans for a tour the next day, so they offered to move our luggage for us as soon as a new room was ready. When we came back from the tour, our bags had been moved to a new room and it was a lot nicer. Also, as an apology for the inconvenience of not being able to move us immediately, we were given free codes for wifi for the duration of our stay, which was really very nice. I think the whole situation was handled very well and I give the staff kudos for their professionalism. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JV427

Dear JV427,

Thank you for reviewing the Coral Tree Inn.

I am happy that you found the hotel’s location convenient. I’m glad that our team member was prompt in resolving the issue during your stay, we do pride ourselves on delivering only the best and most personalized service to our guests.

I am very happy to read your recommendation and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

A small disappointingly appointed room for such a highly rated hotel. It was terribly squashed for a twin room, dingy and very dated and I've actually stayed in better hostels. Well over due for refurbishment.

Perhaps other rooms have been refurbished, which is how this hotel gets such a high rating, because our room wasn't even three star! Very basic, and the best thing I can say for it, it was clean, but in that tired kind of way!

The rest of the establishment appeared nice, (much, much better) although I wasn't there long enough to avail myself of the pool and BarBQ area. Quite noisy, though, due to other guests, although no street noise to contend with.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a refurbished room… or ask them to show you which ones rates a 8 on Trip Advisor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jqqls,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was really sorry to read of your disappointment following your stay with us.

Being a smaller boutique hotel, Coral Tree Inn is very different in its style to that of the other hotels in Cairns. Since refurbishing the hotel and all guest rooms a few years back, we have found that many of our guests have enjoyed our tropical style of property and service levels that we are able to provide as a result many of which have shared their positive experiences and recommendations with others on TripAdvisor. Through talking and listening to our guests, we do try and ensure that our guest room amenities and facilities match expectations, but I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

Once again, my sincere apologies for your disappointment and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.