“Good value for money”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Gold Coast
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel in the newly refurbished section overlooking the pool area on the second level. We found this hotel to be great value for money as long as you weren't looking for water views. Location......it's only a short walk to the waterfront, shopping, eateries and car rental firms. Facilities wise we didn't really use much but could vouch for the pool area for it was clean and inviting as well as providing a nice BBQ area right along side, during our stay was rarely used so overlooking the pool area was quiet and hassle free. Breakfast in the restaurant was enjoyable due to the quality of the food and overlooking the pool area. Cleanliness..... We were happy with the room and bathroom facilities however would have appreciated the exhaust fan to be a little more efficient in removing steam from the bathroom. Now remember we were in what seemed to be the newly refurbished section. When finding our room we went down the wrong corridor to start with at it seemed dark old and tired so was happy to find we were not in that section. There were only 7 car spaces that allow you to park off the street but ample on street parking surrounding the hotel. If we were to pull this hotel up on anything it would have to be the front office staff. When talking to them they were helpful and friendly but you had to invoke the conversation, when walking through the foyer there was very little to no acknowledgement from them. This may not be important to a lot of guests but something as basic as acknowledgement goes a long way in the service industry not to mention embedding or creating a memorable experience. This is a totally different experience from the staff servicing the rooms, they were most friendly and were the first to greet you as you walk down the corridors to your room.
We would stay at this hotel again and recommend it if on a budget.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goolydave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Black River
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel is great value and only a couple of blocks from the esplanade. There is some free parking on site, but if full, the staff will help you find another spot quite close. The room was very spacious and staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was a lovely hotel. Excellent value and room spacious and comfortable. The Balcony overlooking the Pool a bonus and the pool was clean to swim in. Staff were friendly and
car parking free and on site. Great access to all of Cairns.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Perfectly located, offering free parking, reception staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little dated (think early 90s honey coloured timber) but are functional and do the job. I had two rooms - one was a regular room and the other was a 'loft style' with a mezzanine. Only negative was the kitchenettes are very basic, microwave only in the loft.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

There is no other specially comments about the facility,similar with other motel.But I have to say some of my personal experience in there. I was so careless that I left my overcoat in the clothes press and my necklace in the bath towel thick stick. I check out at 11:00am I called there service in the afternoon and they told me they will connect me later,but no one replay me. So I call them again, but they said they did not found nothing in my room. I was so confused , I remembered very clear where I left them. It could be happen If they did not found the necklace, but how it could be possible they did not found my big overcoat? Maybe because my English is not good, there service sounds no patient to listen to me. Above all, It is a not happy memory with this motel. I think I would not leaving in this motel again.

• Stayed August 2013