Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside
Travelocity
US$145
US$110
  • Restaurant
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$76
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$94
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$88
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
1,448 results
All reviewsevery hourblue mangoihg memberhourly shuttleshuttle servicetown centreocean viewthe hotel offersclose to the airportminute walkking bedhotel restaurantquiet locationbuffet breakfaststayed here for nightsbarrier reefan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureHsideGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mercure Harbourside for 3 nights earlier this month. The hotel was really nice. We had an ocean view, which was gorgeous! The hourly shuttle to town was really convenient and a great feature. The pool was closed for renovation, based on some damage from a storm, but we probably weren't going to use it anyway, so we didn't mind. They also had offered a shuttle to their sister-hotel so people could use their pool, so that was nice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Melissa O,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisro, it is important that we receive feedback so that we can continue to improve our services and facilities to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Some improvements may include better communication. Prior advice as to the closure of the 'Esplanade Street Entrance' would have been helpful. We had to carry our own luggage to our rooms, no assistance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Travel_Bug1109,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Review on Trip Advisor. It is important that the feedback provided by our guests is passed to my team to ensure that we continuously improve not only on our services but our facilities.

In regards to your concerns I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations regarding the fact that you had to take your own luggage to your room. I have addressed your feedback with the Front-office Team to ensure that they are offering this service to our guests when requested.

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Tried this hotel as I have just joined Accor rewards program, if this hotel is typical of the service I will be receiving i've waisted money. The rooms are tired, a shower with a curtin that sticks to you, old disfunctional shower heads, no glass in the room to have a drink of water, I would have got a drink from the mini bar but had no mini bar....they did however put $100 on hold on my debit card for the mini bar usage. I had $700 of my own money tied up for a two night stay totaling $300 which has thrown my working bank account into disaray. The staff basically did not care when questioned about any issues, the service is poor, rooms are old, and they have caused me a dishonour fee with my bank due to their incompatence. I will be taking this further, not recommended at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob B
MercureHsideGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Rob B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Cairns Harbourside, please accept my sincere apologies that the hotel and the service therein did not meet your expectations.

Further to your feedback I have spoken with my Front Office Manager and other departments concerned to ensure that your experience is not repeated for our future guests and that my Team ensure that they have all of the relevant information available prior to discussing any queries with our guests.

In Relation to the credit card pre-authorization taken upon your arrival at the hotel I am sorry if the Receptionist did not explain this process to you. The credit card pre-authorization is requested from all of our guests upon check-in to enable any incidentals to be charged to their room account, Pre-authorization is not a charge by the hotel to your card but a ‘hold’ of the funds placed by your financial institution. If one chooses to pre-pay prior to their stay, our policy is to pre-authorize only $50 per night.

Depending on your financial institution or account type, the pre-authorisation may appear on your statement as “pending” until it is released upon check out. Every bank also holds the amount for a different number of days (5 to 14 business days) which unfortunately we do not have control over, in saying that we are happy to contact the financial institution on your behalf and request release of any ‘held’ funds. I have addressed your feedback with the front-office Team to ensure that they are offering this service to our guests.

I am very disappointed to read that you would not return to Mercure Cairns Harbourside Rob B, if you are travelling to Cairns in future I would encourage you to contact me on the email address or telephone number below in order for me to welcome you back & share the high levels of service normally received by our guests.

Best Regards,

Paul Morton

gm@mercure-harbourside.com.au
Direct Line - 07 4080 3008

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the Mercure for a couple of nights at the end of February. As other reviews have said the location is quite good with nice views and a relatively easy walk along the beach to the town centre. If you're not up to the walk then there is a free shuttle on the hour. The staff were friendly, but on the whole I thought the hotel was a bit tired. I got a reasonable deal but the promotional material omitted to say that there was no pool as it was being renovated - very disappointing. The management have since advised me that they now provide a free shuttle to a nearby pool - not quite the same and no help to me.

Room Tip: If arriving by plane catch a cab - it is only a couple of dollars more than the airport shuttle but much faster.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear MaroochyRiver,

Thank you for taking to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is important that the feedback provided by our guests is passed to my team to ensure that we continuously improve not only on our services but our facilities.

In regards to your concerns I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations regarding the pool facilities of the hotel. I have addressed your feedback to our Front Office Manager to make sure all our guest are inform on check in of the shuttle service to use the pool at our sister property. We also since add a letter in every guest room to make sure all our guests are inform.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing your experience, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Mercure Cairns Harbourside.