“Budget conscious winner”
Review of Palm Royale Cairns

Palm Royale Cairns
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We arrived before our official check-in time but we very efficiently checked in as far as paperwork was concerned and our baggage was securely stored for us. We were offered the hotel facilities of Lounge with internet facilities and a swim in one of the two pools if we so desired whilst we waited for our room to be ready for us. The staff really go out of their way to be friendly and help in every way.

The shopping centre across the road from the Hotel was very handy. However having a car would have been a definite advantage. Tours were very competently arranged by hotel staff and the bus pickup was conveniently located right outside the hotel.

To find such a cheap hotel of this quality, albeit a little bit tired looking in places, was a definite winner and we would confidently book this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Palm Royale Cairns

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights.. No wifi unless you pay five dollars per hour and no restaurant in hotel. Too far to walk to the city.. Other than that two great pools king size beds and nice quite location great value for what we paid.. All in all would definitely come back if stating in cairns again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in February and found to be very restful with no road noise even though it is located on a main road. The pool area is fantastic as it is surrounded by tall buildings therefore no excess wind, just a gentle breeze from an archway onto it. The rooms were clean and serviced every day. Ther is only one problem it is a little out of the centre so a car or taxi is required.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the pool area ideal
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

the hotel itself is fairly nice though a bit run down in places. i never actually made it in either pool, but they seem very nice, at least aesthetically. the staff is very friendly and accommodating and breakfast is decent. my complaints would be that the hotel is located in the suburbs and the area seems a bit sketchy. this wouldn't be that terrible if there was anything to do at the hotel, but there is no restaurant, no bar, and any drinking has to be done in your room. i guess it's a good value for the money, but if you want to do anything in town, you are going to spend more in buses or taxis getting back and forth.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and i stay in this hotel everytime we visit cairns. Price is very reasonable and it is close enough to everything. Rooms could use a little renovation but you get for what you pay for i guess. We will actually book in a couple of rooms on january when my family will be visiting australia

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We always stop in Cairns as flights arrive late and this is one of our favorites. Next door is a local mini mall with a great selection of food. Shop for some good wine cheese bread fruit and hang out at the pool with the kids. Rooms are basic. AirCon can be noisy, toilet shower leaks but the staff are accommodating in changing rooms. Used to have free airport shuttle which was a real plus to its location as it is far from busy centre. May look for other options closer to city on next visit.

Room Tip: AirCon can be noisy, toilet shower leaks but the staff are accommodating in changing rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Palm Royal Cairns was great for me, as I was looking for an inexpensive place to base myself out of for 9 days, whilst I worked in Cairns. I managed to find a pretty good rate online for a King Pool Facing Room.

The Palm Royal, like myself, is looking a little worn and dated. The rooms (I stayed in two over my stay) need a little attention (new T.V.s with DIGITAL channels are a good start), but are adequate, CLEAN, and quiet. The king bed was a little soft for me, but that really is personal choice. I didn't pay too much attention to the pools, but they looked really refreshing. One lap pool for swimming, and one resort style pool for swanning. I made use of the self-serve laundry, very reasonable and CLEAN @ $3/wash and $3/dry. The irons in both rooms I stayed in were immaculate! Not important if you are there for vacation, but important if you are there for work. Ironing board in one room was total rubbish, though.I didn't take advantage of the $15 breakfast, as I was out of there at 0430 most days. Sounded like great value, though. The reception staff were great! Nothing was a problem. Always ready to help. Genuine!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HowManyHotelsCanAMan
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Traveller
Thank you for your recent post. I will discuss your valuable feedback with my team.
Warm regards