“Lovely hotel but just wished...”
Review of Palm Royale Cairns

Palm Royale Cairns
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I like this hotel. The rooms were clean, comfortable and large. The staff were very helpful and found the shuttle services very useful as the hotel is located on the outskirts of the Cairns town centre.

There were no facilities in the hotel for an evening meal nor a bar. Breakfasts were very mediocre and lacking that personally cook for you touch.

But overall, this hotel was just great for what I needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul H
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Traveller
Thank you for your recent feedback. I will be discussing you feedback with my team in order to serve our guests better in future.
I appreciate the time you took to post your review and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Had a amazing time, very clean and helpful friendly staff. the shuttle bus to the center of cairns supplied by the hotel (at a small fee) was very convenient. The tropical style pool with palm trees is quite large and reminded us that we were on holidays! We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Travellers
Thank you for your feedback. I was especially happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and will be sharing your comments with my team.
Warm regards

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having read some of the reviews. I was not sure if I had done the right thing, by booking and paying for a room upfront. When I arrived, the reception staff were friendly and I received a room upgrade. Although the resort looks a little tired in places and the room a little outdated. It was clean, the bed was comfy, overall a pleasant stay. I would stay again. Great Value!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tregaski

Dear Traveller

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to hear that you felt like you got value you for money and enjoyed your stay.
I will be discussing your feedback with my team.
Warm regards

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The staff were very helpful and informative. The hotel had a shuttle bus which was very reliable (for a small fee). The hotel had a small shopping centre just across the road. There was a great variety for breakfast. The hotel had several laundry rooms which was very handy. Rooms were spotless and were cleaned daily.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen R
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Traveller
Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and felt you received value for money and good service.
I will discuss your feedback with the team, in the meantime wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I will never stay there again the room was dirty, hair in the bathroom The bed was terrible and the room was must and the carpet dirty The aircon rattled so loudly I couldn't sleep The front desk called me love? not very professional Advise DON"T Stay there

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tess S

Dear Traveller
Thank you for your recent review. Unfortunately is does not appear that you enjoyed your stay which I am sorry to hear and offer you my sincere apologies. 2014 will see us carry out some essential maintenance on the resort which in turn will be addressing your concerns.
I will discuss your feedback with the team and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have spent a night travelling for business and have found the rooms very outdated. The bed was big, but very uncomfortable. You find yourself feeling every spring. My room was placed on the first floor near the lap pool. It was very musty.

It has been a number of years sense I have seeing an old box tv.
I attended the breakfast as I had an early flight out, unfortunately I have found it unsatisfying. Eggs were green ( yes, green!) and I ended up walking out with a bit of fruit and some toast. If you only expect basic continental, then this should work for you. There were no pastries or such. Although I did not expect it either way.

I was surprised to see this place advertised as 4 star. It definitely does not compare with any other 4 star places I ever had a fortune at staying.

The only positive was the receptions staff. Welcoming and attending. The rating should be adjusted however.

Room Tip: It may be better higher up! Watch out for the air conditioning. It sounds like a v8 starting up in y...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that we did not reach your expectations. I will be discussing your feedback with the team in order to serve our guests better in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The room was smelly, had very old, dirty carpets, and an old TV with bad sound. A major gap between the picture presented on the web site and reality. The air conditioning system was so loud that it was difficult to sleep. Go there only if you are desperate to pay a low price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martisotope

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review. unfortunately it does not appear the resort met your expectations, which I am sorry to hear.
We are planning to carry out some essential maintenance work in 2014 that will address your concerns and help us serve our guests better. In the meantime I will discuss your feedback with the team.
Thank you once again for your review.