“"BEST STAFF EVER"”

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Innisfail, Australia
“"BEST STAFF EVER"”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We have stayed in this hotel 4 times now over the last year and this place although a wee bit "tired" looking it is super clean and tidy. The renos are going ahead at great steam and the hotel is looking great. Price is reasonable and the "ocean view" self contained rooms I fully recommend. The main thing that keeps us coming back here is the way you are treated by the staff. From the management down to the housekeeping ladies we were treated "very special" Thank you all so much for your genuine care and attention to us both. A fantastic effort Paulo, Neville, Spencer, Nerene, Star and the housekeeping ladies..oh and the chef!! Keep up the good work guys and we WILL be back. Thank you all again.

Room Tip: Oceans views!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kath499659
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post your review following your recent stay.
I, like you, believe the team here at Cairns Plaza Hotel are pretty fantastic....! I shall certainly pass on your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Paolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Weipa, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed in Cairns Plaza for 2 nights, I was put in the room on the second floor. Something was spilled in front of the fridge, all carpet in that area was spotted and unpleasant to walk on, I always wanted to put my shoes on just to go to the bathroom.
It was impossible to sleep during second night, Noisy back packers were having a party of some sort and were yelling and screaming and laughing and singing till well after 1 am. Nobody seemed to care.
The stuff is friendly enough, but the friendliness comes with a price tag sometimes. I need an invoice, and I asked them if breakfast could be removed from the invoice. The day staff on duty told me no problem. I stressed, that if it is too hard, I would like to have itemised invoice, Again the answer was no problem. The night before my check out I asked if my invoice was ready, Night receptionist (Neville??) said it was, and that there were adjustment to my bill. I didn't quite get it, but when i went to pay the next day,i found out that adjustments meant extra $10 for printing out 1 sheet of paper!!! When I questioned that it was quickly removed from the bill.
My trip was for a medical reason, i booked this hotel only because it is in walking distance to the hospital and to diagnostic centres. I'm sure I can find other hotels for the same price near by with cleaner room, without noisy neighbours and with staff that won't charge extra for a simple paperwork.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Nqueenslander
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay.
May I offer my apologies for what appears to have not been a great stay.
Please be assured that we will never charge $10 for printing out an invoice; again I offer my apologies for what was an obvious mistake.
Thanks to our proximity to the hospital we certainly have the pleasure of looking after many hosptial-related guests and look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back when next you need to travel to Cairns.
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Albeit the fact that level 6 of the hotel was under renovation, I had hardly noticed it except one morning when I slept in til about 11am but other than that, my 4 nights stay was quite pleasant.

Location wise it's quite a good spot, with walking distance to the esplanade yet it's still a good spot with not so noisy stripe of shops, restaurants etc.

Service was great and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LazydreamerinMelb
Bingil Bay, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms at the Cairns Plaza and it was a very pleasant stay.
As others have mentioned, the staff are super-friendly.
The hotel is just a few minutes walk into the centre of town and right on the Esplanade by Muddy's (for this reason we go for rooms looking over the Abbot St side for a bit more quiet).
The new rooms are clean and tidy although more space for bits and pieces and towel hanging options in the bathroom would be an improvement.
At this price point the Cairns Plaza is a great option if what you're after is a comfortable bed for the night in easy reach of all the restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms overlooking Muddys if you don't want the noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Missi0nary
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to post your recent review.
I shall certainly pass on your wonderful comments especially re: our friendly staff...
I trust you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2012

we stayed at the cairns plaza hotel for 10 nights. from the time we arrived to departure the staff greated us with smiles. we arrived early (9am) so the room wasn't ready but staff directed us where we could freshen up and stored our luggage. They gave us a map and suggested route to walk around. a short pleasent walk to the centre of cairns (5 -10 min) the room was great (rm 506)very well presented and good sized balconanies off the living and bedroom. on checkin we were advised of building works as they are in the process of upgrading all the rms floor by floor. we only on one occassion heard some noise and that was at 10am for only a few minutes. communal laundry was clean as was the pool. a great playground across the road for those with children. this was a great hotel - close to everything but far enough away that we did not find it noisy. Staff great in suggesting tours and always greated with a smile asking how was our day. will stay here again when next in cairns

Room Tip: Rm 506 - fantastic. Level 3 has all just been upgraded. Definately pay the little extra to get water...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JFF524
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I read the reviews for this property before booking... and thought carefully because of the mixed reviews. In the end the lure of sea views, reasonable price and the location helped me click the 'book' button. Overall, we weren't disappointed. Our room was very spacious and included a kitchenette and a small balcony to sit and enjoy the warmth and views. While the hotel is looking a bit 90's-ish and by the look of it is undergoing renovations, it was still clean. Staff were friendly. The location, right next to the promenade and only 750m from the esplanade pool is great--though you do get a bit of noise from the nearby playground. Proximity to restaurants is also good. There is a restaurant on site but didn't seem to be anyone going there so I do wonder what that says!

Room Tip: For an extra few dollars be sure to upgrade to the more spacious apartment style room, overlooking t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank conatus
GM-Paolo, Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to post your review following your recent stay; I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit.
With Kind Regards - Paolo
Reviewed 31 October 2012

It is. Bit tired and need of a revamp but it is Being modernised and should be a really nice hotel when finished the location is excellent and very quiet and the suite with ocean view was like a big tv screen brilliant

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank stuapot
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us - we look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit.
With Kind Regards - Paolo