“Don't stay anywhere else!!!”
Review of Cairns Plaza Hotel

Cairns Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I should start this review by saying that initially I was booked into a private room next door at caravella backpackers for four nights. Needless to say that place was nothing short of horrendous!! I was paying £40 a night there and checked myself out after one night. I found the Cairns Plaza online and it was a bonus it was right next door but I couldn't have been more impressed with the plaza.
I had a room that has recently been refurbished and it was done to a top class standard, the bathroom was like that of some 4 or 5 star hotels I've stayed in. The beds were comfy and the tv and tea facilities and fridge were added luxuries. There was a balcony overlooking the hills and sunsets and it was very peaceful and quiet!
I didn't use the swimming pool purely because I was out on days trips but it looked lovely and partly secluded with loungers.
There was free wifi in my room without the need for codes and fiddily vouchers etc.
I used the laundry facilities which worked well and were reasonably priced at just a few dollars to wash and the same to dry.
The location is brilliant, you step out the hotel right into the esplanade and the swimming pool/lagoon beach area which is a top attraction and the restaurants (top quality as well as budget) are literally a 5 to 10 min pleasant stroll away along the seafront. The marina is also only a short distance away for the boat trips to the reef.
I genuinely can't think why you pay more to stay somewhere in the same location of the same standard room. Rydges and holiday inn are next door for twice the price.
Paolo made me feel extremely welcome and all the staff were friendly and helpful, the icing on the cake!!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank cls601
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting your overwhelmingly positive review following your recent stay with us.
It's always so great to know that sometimes expectations are not only achieved but exceeded; we aim to under promise and over deliver every time....!!!!
I trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels.
Paolo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

After trying many hotels in the area this is by far the best place to stay when in cairns. The hotel is in a great location, nice spacious rooms, parking is always available and all the staff are excellent always friendly and available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nikki123456789123456
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I'm thrilled to know that we are your "hotel of choice" for when you visit Cairns - We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

An excellent location, handy to the esplanade, with a great kid's playground opposite. Easy walking to all main amenities, but far enough out of the main street to be quiet. The staff are to be especially commended for their friendliness, especially Paolo who went out of his way for us, making bookings for other activities that we wished to do. Our room was great, newly refurbished, with a lovely bathroom, and the bed was very comfortable. We appreciated the table and chairs out on our little balcony. There are laundry facilities, and off street car parking. Free wifi in the lobby, dining room and by the pool - fine for just checking the on holiday emails and social media. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I visit Cairns.

Room Tip: Ask for a view out to sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L

Thank you for posting your glowing report following your recent stay with us; the biggest compliment we can receive from our guests is that they will come back and stay with us - we look forward to welcoming you back....!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It´s a very good hotel, very clean, with a wonderfoul localization, with very kind recepcionsts, a great view of de window. The unique problem its de acess of wireless internet, ther is wifi only at the reception.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us.
I'm thrilled to know we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
I'm glad to advise that wifi is available currently Free of Charge in our reception area and we are working on making it available on ALL accommodation levels in to the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights in this hotel in June. This hotel is small but has a big heart, excellent staff who are helpful courteous, make you feel welcome. The rooms are tidy, clean with plenty of space. The reception and entrance area has free Wifi, plenty of information, leaflets on day trips, events, etc.
The hotel also arranged good cheap shuttle bus to airport. The location of this hotel is very good quite, but not to quite as shops pubs restaurants are a short walk away.
LOVED STAYING IN THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigchap2014

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent location excellent value 5 mins from main drag on of cairns. All staff were most helpful. Bed were great. View was amazing. Couldnt ask for a better place to stay for the price. Extremely comfortable place to go.
Only negitive was the tv size and it didnt swivel so couldnt really get a clear view from the main bed.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Bonkas13
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad you enjoyed our wonderful location - only a few minutes from everything and that the team looked after you....!
Unfortunately, our Standard Rooms do have smaller TV's and we will look in to the possibility of upsizing these into the future.
We hope to have the possibility of welcoming you back when next you visit Cairns.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent with shopping centres, the marina, the esplanade, many many restaurants, etc. no further than 15 minutes unless you walk super slow. There is a great children's playground right across the street from the hotel on the promenade.
The room was very comfortable but stuck in the 80s and in desperate need of an update. Some other rooms are already updated apparently.
Another part of being stuck in the past was that wifi was only available in the foyer of the hotel.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately 4 requests made to 3 different staff members to fix the TV remote that never worked was very disappointing though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy our wonderful location which is so close to everything a visitor to Cairns requires.
I'm glad to advise that as we upgrade the remaining floors, we will be including WiFi capabilities in all our rooms.
I apologize for any inconvenience caused with the broken TV remote; it is very unlike team members to not pass this information on so that it can be attended to....I shall investigate further.
I do look to the possibility, however, of welcoming you back should you visit in the not too distant future.