“Lovely”

Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Tully, Australia
“Lovely”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I liked the tropical gardens and the pools. It is spread over a big area. Staff at reception were great. We had lunch and dinner at the poolside cafe and both times the meals were really nice. The guy who served us also made our drinks at the bar was very sociable and made us feel welcome and he was also very efficient at his job. The guy at breakfast who was cleaning the tables after customers had left was so efficient. He looked like he loved his job. He was very keen and also very polite. If you have awards he deserves one. Our room was clean.

Room Tip: We had the ground floor as like to sit on the patio near gardens
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the morning straight after our flight and was able to get into our room right away. All staff throughout our stay we're friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are not modern, but they are spacious and clean.
It has beautiful gardens and pools, and good guest facilities. The shuttle bus into town is reasonably priced.
We will stay there again on our next visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristy M
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group. There appeared to be many (5-6) tour groups using the hotel. It wasn't really a problem, although breakfast got a little busy on one day.

The hotel bills itself as a resort, but I wouldn't call it that. The hotel rooms are very spread out, with lush gardens and pools separating everything. That would be fine if it weren't so buggy. There were mosquitos in all of the public areas, which made it tough to find a place to congregate and relax. This was especially problematic because the only areas of the hotel with internet access ants were those open public areas...so going online in the evening meant putting on bug spray or getting bitten. There were also ants in the kitchen area and bathroom of the room.

The room itself was a sort of suite, two rooms and a bathroom. It was sparsely furnished, though, and rather dusty. Still, the bed was comfortable enough, though there was only a single sheet on it. No comforter or duvet. There was a blanket in the closet but that seemed pretty sketchy. There was great water pressure in the shower. There was a strong air conditioner too. There were no special amenities, though there was a full kitchen set up complete with dishes and utensils.

The hotel is not really near anything. It is situated in a residential area. It was a 30 minute walk to the nearest grocery and McDonalds for a snack. The restaurant breakfast was fine. I didn't have occasion to have any other meals there. The one time we tried to get a pizza from the poolside bar, we were told they wouldn't be making pizza that night. Not particularly helpful. We ended up having to order a pizza. There is a car service into town, but it was rather expensive.

Were I to return to Cairns, I don't believe I would consider staying here again. I don't know how it compares to other area hotels price wise, but in terms of rooms and service it was average at best, and location was terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug V
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at the resort with my husband and 2 sons, we had a wonderful time. Our room was clean tidy and spacious, we did not feel cramped at all! Had breakfast each morning in the Homestead Restaurant, was delicious every time. Our first morning there was quite busy and there were quite a few rude customers dining at the same time as us, however the staff grinned and took it on the chin and treated us nice patrons with extra kindness, especially Jack he was brilliant, made us laugh every morning and we couldn't wait to write a lovely review about him and the rest of the restaurant staff. I would have loved hot chocolate sachets in our room, I don't drink tea or coffee. But that is my only complaint! Loved every minute here and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ChloeJones4
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I visited this hotel, I had 40 teenagers with me. I could not have asked for a friendlier staff, better room layout, or more beautiful environment for my students.
The rooms are small, but very tidy and comfortable.
I felt like I was walking in a paradise every time I stepped outside.
The breakfast served was very good and we really enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
I will come back again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CGJG-33
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights as a family, had a brilliant time. Breakfast each morning in the resort was wonderful, our kids loved it and the service from Jack was brilliant! He made our morning every time, would return just to see him! Resort is older style but still clean, tidy & very enjoyable, great pools! Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We strayed here with our daughter and enjoyed the stay, the hotel was a little tired but the staff were welcoming and it was a good base for the price we paid.

I'm not sure if we would stay again as we probably would go for something a little more plush but do not be out off I'm sure that you will enjoy your time here.

Stayed November 2013