We stayed for four nights over December 2013 and January 2014, and BreakFree Royal Harbour were very impressed with the location, and the lovely receptionist (Meegan I believe was her name) who was very helpful.
As a serviced apartment, it was perfect for us - as is standard in these types of hotels, there is not a daily cleaning/towel service, but this was all clearly stated on their website, and there were options for replacing towels for a fee - again, this is what I expected and as it is an apartment, there are washing/drying facilities in room if you really want clean towels each day.
Our room was large enough for two people, and the living area was particularly generous - although some of the decor is a little outdated everything was clean and comfortable (particularly the bed), and we had everything we needed for a self-contained stay - large, clean refridgerator, a good washer and dryer and enough kitchen equipment for cooking a good meal. The spa-bath was a touch my partner particularly enjoyed!
The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained - we saw a gardener several times during our stay, and he spent a long time cleaning the pool area. The pool area itself is not large, but was never crowded even though I assume the hotel was probably at nearly full capacity - there are also BBQ areas in the garden that were very clean and well-maintained.
Location-wise this is probably one of the best hotels for being central to the action - located about the Night Markets it's actually very quiet - even on New Year's Eve we couldn't hear any street noise from inside the hotel. There's a large Woolworth's supermarket a block away, the Cains shopping centre is an easy 5-10 minute walk away and the cruise terminal is also close by (less than 10 mins walk).
As I mentioned above, the receptionist was incredibly helpful and pleasant - she asked us about our plans when checking in, gave us all the information we needed about the hotel and the local area, arranged a taxi to take us to the airport and made us feel incredibly welcome - she is a definite asset to the hotel.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and I can't think of anything that could have made it better. Highly recommended for couples and families staying in Cairns that want to be close to the action in a self-contained apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. Please note: For guests arriving by car, including taxi, please arrive at our rear entrance where Reception and car parking is located - Level 1, 60 Abbott Street. This is above the Night Markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns