Pros - location and price. Francesa at reception was very helpful and very friendly! She helped us book tours and gave us lots of information.
Cons -lots of ants, some cochroaches and they just kept coming. When we asked to switch to another room that didn't have ants, the guy at reception told us every room had an ant problem. He gave us a bottle of raid ant killer and sent us on our way. We used almost the entire bottle of raid! I was grossed out by the number of ants. We had food in the trash cans, obviously from eating in the kitchen and the ants started coming from everywhere. Then the cochroaches came. I would never stay here again nor would I ever recommend it.
The kitchen was very outdated! It didn't even have a stove. There was a hot plate instead. The minifridge started leaking after our week there.
I have researched some more and the other hotels don't charge too much more than this hotel. We paid 117/night for ants! Every hotel is pretty close together on the esplanade. You can get better else where!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. Please note: For guests arriving by car, including taxi, please arrive at our rear entrance where Reception and car parking is located - Level 1, 60 Abbott Street. This is above the Night Markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns