We are regulars and keep coming back because it's like our home in FNQ. Staff from front office, (like all hotels in Cairns, front office staff turnover is high but even the new ones warm to you like they have also always been there) to the housekeepers are welcoming and friendly. The management team from the new GM Rob, Louise, the marketing lady, our friend @ RPC and one of 5 long termers in all these years are very warm and efficient. Special mention to the previous GM (who has transferred to another Rydges) whom we feel has changed the culture and efficiency of the hotel, something we know Rob will further put his own style and stamp on.
The rooms are not luxurious but hey, you are not pay luxury rates. They are definitely homely, spacious and comfortable, allowing themselves a modern touch with flat screen LCDs.
Will we return? Yes, of course. It's our home in Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernly appointed rooms overlooking the Cairns CBD. 5 minutes walking distance from the Cairns Convention Centre, Reef Casino, dining precinct, Birch carroll and Coyle cinemas and Cairns Central shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Plaza Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Plaza Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Plaza Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Plaza Hotel