The pluses of this place are definitely its location, spacious rooms and large beds. There's so much going on in the vicinity so you can never run out of food and shopping options.
However, the place looks really old. It's generally clean, but I still felt that the floor was really sticky and we didn't feel quite comfortable walking barefooted in our room. Shower curtain looks a bit old and dirty as well.
And the main gripe I had was the freezing aircon. Turned it all the way to the "hottest" and I was still freezing. Luckily the bed felt comfy and warm and I dreaded getting out from underneath the blankets. To be fair, I went to my friends' rooms and ours was the coldest by far. One of our room lights was faulty as well. If the management sees this, our room number was 510 FYI.
Lastly, they only issue out a single key for the room, which was a real hassle for my roommate and I.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernly appointed rooms overlooking the Cairns CBD. 5 minutes walking distance from the Cairns Convention Centre, Reef Casino, dining precinct, Birch carroll and Coyle cinemas and Cairns Central shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Plaza Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Plaza Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Plaza Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Plaza Hotel