I stayed here for the first time in October and came back for a second stay shortly after.
This is an older style motel - has a bit of an 80s feel to it however the rooms have been refurbished and are clean, modern and well appointed. Check in is quick and painless and the staff efficient, pleasant and friendly in a far North Queensland sort of way.
I ate in the restaurant and also got room service. The restaurant is ok ( breakfast) - typical hotel breakfast not great but not bad either. Room service was quick, with cheery and pleasant staff - large serves and pretty good food. Internet is not cheap at around $18 for 24 hours - fairly typical of Australian hotels - I wish they would adopt the overseas model of free Internet for guests!
On my second visit I needed a very early start - staff were great - wake up call, taxi on time and really quick checkout.
The hotel is fairly centrally located and around a 15 minute drive from the airport.
It's not a 5 star hotel but its clean, comfortable and well priced. The staff are friendly and efficient and the food is basic but pretty good. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernly appointed rooms overlooking the Cairns CBD. 5 minutes walking distance from the Cairns Convention Centre, Reef Casino, dining precinct, Birch carroll and Coyle cinemas and Cairns Central shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rydges Plaza Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Plaza Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Plaza Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Plaza Hotel