“A short stay”

Ranked #60 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Melbourne, Australia
“A short stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good value and excellent location. Our time was limited to an 8 pm check in and 6:30 am check out so we were unable to report on much the hotel had to offer. Large room with two queen size beds. Very clean. Only one chair and no table would have made in room dining difficult for two. Would stay again though

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter856
rob_vonhartitzsch, General Manager at Rydges Plaza Cairns, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay at Rydges Plaza Cairns, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you are right in saying that our location is perfect to see the best of what Cairns has to offer. And we have also noted your comments regarding the lack of a table in the room and I am reviewing options for this currently.
Rydges Plaza Cairns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

There was a mix up between the booking company and the hotel and the latter did everything they could to find us a room for a revisit a few days after our first stay. They succeeded and we were very impressed with their dedication to sorting out the problem. The bathrooms are now a little tired and need a refit. We were stating on the 8th and 9th floor

Room Tip: Definitely go for upper floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Neil B
Hi Neil,
Thank you for your recent review of Rydges Plaza, I appreciate your comments regarding our Front of house team sorting out the confusion over your initial reservation – we are lucky to have a very dedicated customer focused team on the Front desk.
Once again thanks and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to FNQ.
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, great downtown Cairns location, but hotel rooms desperately need a refresh. Rooms on 4th floor are very tired and noisy on weekends due to nearby nightclub. Upper level floors that have been refurbished are much nicer.

Room Tip: Level 10 is nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank WJ2450
rob_vonhartitzsch, General Manager at Rydges Plaza Cairns, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay. As you point out our location is great for a spot of shopping or for a trip out to the reef. We are working on our refurb for the remaining floors so please watch this space.
Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the FNQ.
Rydges Plaza Cairns

Travellers are raving about these Cairns hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was looking forward to staying in the city in Cairns but Rydges Plaza really let me down. On check-in, the staff were unfriendly. My room was dark and absolutely filthy - there was dirt caked on the floor and in the bathroom! Everything was aged and due for replacement, and the 'balcony' was about half a metre wide.
I ordered room service on my second night and it was cold when it arrived.
The 'secure car park' which cost me $10 per day (they didn't even tell me this when I checked in) had a broken roller door which was always open...
The only redeeming features were the comfortable bed and the beautiful pool and outdoor dining areas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lucy C
Oxley, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just love the Staff so friendly,the restaurant and breakfast excellent,Very impressed with Evan always knows my name when checking in,He goes out off his way to please the customer.I have used the pool and I find it clean and a great place to unwind.The house keeping ladies do an amazing job and I find my room spotless and I love the brand of soap and products that the Rydges supply.I use to book other accommadtion in Cairns but have now been staying with the Rydges every 6 to 8 weeks and loving it .Thanks to all Staff .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 656stephen
Hi Stephen
Thank you for your great review and our team has taken great delight in reading it. Evan and the Housekeeping job do a great job without question.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Innisfail, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have not stayed in a dirtier '4 star' hotel room. The light fixture jumped in it's place every time someone in our apartment or someone across the hallway breathed. The toilet refused to flush and the bed sheets were dirty and the balcony was definitely underwhelming. The bed was sagged to the point that I had to convince myself I was sleeping in a hammock to even fall asleep. As for the location, it was obvious that the hotel was used by no one more than stop-over tourists and young adults who drank themselves silly at Gilligans and trashed every single room. Yuck. The other Rydges are nicer.

Room Tip: Just don't even stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank StephenR291
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in May and have to say they were the best three nights sleep I have had in a while-girl at reception told me they were dream beds( getting me one). Pool was great and enjoyed my meals for dinner and breakfast was great also. Service form young Japanese girl was great - lovely big smile. We are booked to return in august can't wait.

Room Tip: Higher room with great views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
rob_vonhartitzsch, Manager at Rydges Plaza Cairns, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi Mel,
Thanks for your review; we appreciate your kind comments.
Our Rise breakfast is great – one of the best in town we believe and I will pass on your comments to the team up in Lilo. Rydges Plaza has Dream beds in all of our rooms and do make for a great night’s sleep, I will forward you on all the details about them and where to get one from.
Once again thanks and we look forward to seeing you again in August.