I'll say the good things first: lovely staff, great bed.
The rest is not great, I'm afraid. The hotel was grim and smelled like old airconditioning and too much strong air freshener. The bathroom was 2-star, the carpet torn and lifting up. The website says there's a gym: you have to get a key from the front counter (if there's one available) and walk two blocks to a health club. The food was average but very overpriced, and they charged a fee for using my credit card to pay: who pays hundreds of dollars for a hotel in cash? In short, a rip-off that says it's 4-star but is nowhere near.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernly appointed rooms overlooking the Cairns CBD. 5 minutes walking distance from the Cairns Convention Centre, Reef Casino, dining precinct, Birch carroll and Coyle cinemas and Cairns Central shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Plaza Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Plaza Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Plaza Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Plaza Hotel