My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights. We arrived very late at night and were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade when we checked in, we were upgraded to a room with a pool view rather than the city view room. Unfortunately that was all that was "good" about the place. The list of things that were "bad" certainly outweighed the "good":
1. The room was not made very well each day. The maids did not replace towels (even though they took them away!). On one day they did not wipe down the bathroom sink, or replace tea/coffee or even replace the used glasses with new ones (they just left them on the table). When i called reception to ask how this happened i didn't get a response nor an apology. They sent another maid to provide new towels, glasses etc but only after an hour of waiting
2. There seems to be an ant problem in the hotel. This was noted by other reviewers. See my photos attached
3. If you don't like bats then make sure you ask for a pool view room. Some of the city view rooms will look directly into the trees where the bats nest. And there a heaps of them! They make an incredible amount of noise too
4. I prepaid for the accomodation before my stay and when i checked out the lady at reception tried to charge me again!
5. Ask for a room that does not have an internal door. Our did and we heard the children cry next door one night...not to mention the old man hocking and spitting!
The good things about the place is its location (ignoring the bats) and it has quite a nice pool area and good tour desk (doesn't charge any more than whats advertised to the public)
I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of Cairns the multi award winning Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort is situated on 2.5 Hectares of tropical gardens and boasts the largest lagoon style pool in the city centre, complete with its own white sandy beach and swim up pool bar. All 314 rooms offer contemporary style accommodation with a small balcony or terrace overlooking the city, gardens or pool. Facilities also include free wi fi (lobby & public areas), 24 hour in balance gym, and Massage Organic Day Spa. The hotel also offers 24 hour room service and reception. Mizuna Restaurant offers buffet breakfast daily and each evening boasts modern A la carte dining. Aqua Bar serves afternoon drinks from 12noon, lunch and light bites by the pool whilst Novo Bar opens at 5:00pm daily for pre-dinner cocktails, evening drinks or night time snack menu. The hotel is within walking distance to the Reef Casino and Reef Terminal and only one block from both the Esplanade including 'Muddy's', Cairns fun, safe playground and parkland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Hotel Cairns
- Oasis Cairns
- Accor Cairns Oasis Hotel
- Cairns Novotel
- Oasis Resort Cairns
- Oasis Hotel Cairns