Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$153
US$128
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$109
US$154
US$146
  • Restaurant
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$91
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$213
US$161
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$87
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$89
2,473 results
All reviewsswim up bara pool view roomgreat pooltour desklarge poolbuffet breakfastpool sidetwo blockscentral locationport douglasthe great barrier reefesplanadefoxesduskcbdqueenslandtours
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Got an email at 5.17pm today offering a locals cinema special. I phoned at 7.30 to book.

The reservations counter didn't have a clue about the promotion.

She fobbed me off to the manager and kept me on hold for 2 mins. I came back to her and she told me the manager wasn't available. She took my phone number and explained I would receive a call from the manager ASAP. It is now 10.17pm and still no call. I will not stay here now.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jarvisnik
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

When we checked in our room had an overbearing smell of cigarette smoke. That was sorted out, then a few days later there was a terrible smell coming from the drains. The air conditioning in the rooms was great, although the air conditioning throughout the hotel was broken and it was very hot in the elevators. The pool bar often shut at 3 or 4 when it says it's open until 7. Went to have Ice cream at 930 at the restaurant and they said they were shut when the hotel information says it is open until 10. We were told to order room service. There was one staff member in particular who worked in the bar and pool bar who we couldn't praise enough. Unfortunately we didn't catch his name, but he gave us endless amounts of great tips and customer service was above an beyond. All in all an average stay. The pool and BBQ area made up for the disappointment of the rooms. Probably would not stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed a couple of nights here and not up to he value of other options also recently stayed at. Had to change rooms as first one smelt very mouldy. Change was easy, but disappointing introduction. Next room was OK but not 4 star. Had a meal inthe restaurant and the fixed menu option was exceptional, 5 star quality and excellent value. Overal this is an aging facility with good pool and service but not good value on the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights while in cairns for work. The hotel is a 4 star and looked lovely so I thought I would try it out.

Much to my disbelief this hotel is not up to a 4 star standard. The common areas look like they haven't been cleaned in months and all the walls are dirty. We stayed in room 266. The beds were horrible, my colleague slept on the floor as it was more comfortable. They were spongy and very soft, I normally don't have any back complaints after staying here I had a sore back.

The next morning I went to shower and there were no shower caps. I order one from reception 20 mins later I still hadn't received it. I went to reception and was told one would be sent to my room. 10 mins later I had to call again!!! This might be ok if you're on holidays not when you have a breakfast meeting.

I would never recommend staying here, for a little extra try the mantra trilogy, Pullman even the mecure is nicer!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jasmineo84
GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. It is important that we provide a high standard of product and customer service. It is evident from your feedback that we failed to deliver on this occasion.

We will take the steps necessary to ensure we address the issues you encountered.

Once again we are sorry you had this experience and we hope to welcome you back to a Novotel hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I travelled to Cairns this week to talk to Travel Industy Suppliers and chose the Novotel to spend out only night - I left very unimpressed with the check in staff and the the general mood of most of the staff here. A smile with your greeting goes a long way to making a pleasant memorable stay. Unfortunately this basic requirement for the hospitaility industy was not even remotely met and I will not stay again, and will be very hesitant to recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business