“A bit off the main drag”

Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Hobart, Australia
“A bit off the main drag”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

In humid weather, just be prepared to get a taxi to the esplanade. Too hot to bother walking. Staff were a bit inexperienced - eg the pool furniture and deck chairs had been put away the day before because of a storm warning. The storm didn't eventuate, but the furniture stayed locked away, leaving guests to play towel tag with the few seats available.
Also be booked a suite thinking it would have a kitchen - that meant bar fridge and a sink. No hotplate, microwave or kitchen equipment. There was a BBQ outside, but not even plates or cutlery in the room (there were two teaspoons and a bread knife)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoshi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
mumbai
Reviewed 25 April 2009

I'd been to the novotel oasis in feb. Very nice hotel but a few problems. The service n the staff was simply great n gave us a warm welcome. we were in last room near the Garden, unfortunately this room is bang outside a huge tree where there r hundreds of BATS!!.. we were really disturbed at night n couldnt get proper sleep. since we were on our honeymoon, my wife was [--] scared of those bats. All the other services in terms of staff courtesy was excellent. when we requested a change of room they could not do it coz it was really busy on those days..

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Vikramarora

Travellers are raving about these Cairns hotels

St cloud
Reviewed 22 April 2009

The best hostel of our honeymoon.
The pool is beautifull with the sandy beach, and the water is the warm, it's a pleasure to swin at 9PM after a long fly.
The breakfast is not exceptionnal but it's the standing of the 3 stars hostels.
The dinner is better, with a good service and different foods for europeans like us.
Very nice hostel, and nice room with jacuzzy an d a so great bed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Second time we have been to Cairns, first time at this resort.
We stayed here over Easter for 3 nights. Hotel is only a 10 minutes drive from the airport.
We had a deluxe garden/city view room, glad we didnt upgrade as the rooms that looked over the pool were quite noisy with lots of kids at this time of year.
Large, refurbished rooms, super comfy soft bed and pillows, plenty of towels and pool towels supplied, as well as toiletries in the bathroom. The bathroom tiling could do with an update and the shower is in the bathtub, but great hot water and pressure and very clean. Airconditioner worked great and was well appreciated! Very soundproofed, we didnt hear any noise at all. Tea/coffee, kettle and milk restocked each day.
The pool area is beautiful, with a swim up bar, but could do with a few more sun lounges! We had one breakfast in the restaurant, great choice of food, a bit expensive at $28.50p/p so if you can get this included in your stay it would save some $$. We are Accor Advantage Plus members so got 50% off. Also had dinner in the restaurant, they have buffet with a wide choice including lots of seafood, hot dishes, salads and to die for sweets!
We had hired a car so were very pleased with the free underground parking, only time the carpark was full was on the Saturday night.
There is another entrance gate at the rear of the resort, this brings you out one street away from the esplanade where all the touristy cafes, restaurants and shops are.
A great located resort which we would definately stay in again when visiting Cairns!
Hint: when booking, check on the Accor website, at the time of our stay they had rooms for $89

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cheznandy
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 15 April 2009

If you are going on a Trip to Cairns, I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are extremely clean and well maintained. The hotel staff is very friendly as well. The beds are super comfortable and the the bathrooms more then adequate. The pool is beautiful and there is even a swim up bar. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cairns.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Stayed here for 9 nights whilst on holiday in Cairns.
I spend about 50 nights a year in hotels as my job takes me away from home so I know exactly what I want from a hotel.
Location in Cairns was very good being only 2 minutes from almost anything.
I must also say that I booked this hotel as a package holiday from Brisbane as I was already in Oz for business. As a result, the price I got was absolutely amazing for the flights and 9 nights room and breakfast so it has affected my overall opinion.
Breakfast was excellent providing all the bits'n'bobs you'll ever need. Really liked a juicer and chunks of fresh veg there available for you to make a juice and good selection of everything else.
Room was absolutely fine, nothing too special but clean and flat screen TV with the usual channels. My room overlooked the pool which was a great size and has a man-made sand beach at one end and a swim up bar. I liked the fact the pool was open from 7am till 10pm and so took a few tiddly night dips ...lovey!
Gym was a decent size and had good equipment and fresh towels.
Free internet in lobby on new iMacs.
Underground free car park operated by your room key.
Good, helpful, staff.
One thing I really liked was being treated like an adult and sensibly-priced. The car park was great and free when a different hotel company could've easily charged you for it.
Gym was 24hrs!!! This was brilliant because jetlag meant I was awake and asleep and some ridiculous times of the day and could go do a workout whenever I fancied.
Free lobby internet where alot of other hotels would charge.
Slightly annoying tho is the internet in your room was charged per day and there was no way at all of buying it for a week's special rate which I thought was a teeny bit rude but this paled away with the rest of the value I think I got.
Overall, the hotel was brilliant. Location, staff, decor, pool, breakfast was all top notch for the price ...which for me was a bargain.
I believe you get what you pay for but here I felt I got a whole load more than my wallet was expecting ...but, like I said, I did get a great package deal!
Definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Hoppers Crossing
Reviewed 15 March 2009

This hotel is in a great position, close to wharf, restaurants all around and shopping.
We chose this place by the fantastic looking pool, which didn't disappoint us. The restaurant in the Hotel was great for dinner and breakfast. Its the second time i have stayed here and would come back anytime

• Stayed December 2006, travelled with family