“Ray bali”

Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Seminyak, Indonesia
“Ray bali”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have just stayed for a week at trinty links resort .what can i say very relaxing lovely rooms, and very friendly front of house and housekeepers.i would go back again to stay. The grounds are very neat and plenty of room to move around.thank you everyone at trinty links well done i will be back

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney
Reviewed 31 July 2013

A superb out-of-town paradise. A huge, luxurious resort style complex next to a spectacular 18 hole golf course! What more could you want? Huge, splendid gardens, two enormous lagoon style pools, a baby pool near one of them, 2 spas (hot and cold), tennis court, gym, waterfalls and a staff that couldn't be more helpful or professional. Having stayed here several times with family and friends, everyone comments on how magnificent Trinity Links is. I have travelled the world for the last 25 years staying in hotels, resorts and apartment complexes on 5 continents and for the money, you will be looking for a long time to beat the value at Trinity Links. Only 10 minutes out of town, you have the choice to live it up on the Esplanade or relax in luxurious surrounds on a lounge next to a 60 foot swimming pool. Everything I have ever asked for from Ursula and her professional staff has been courteously and efficiently provided. Rent a car (yes you are on holidays) and play golf or whatever all over Cairns and the beautiful surrounds. Book a trip or cruise or day out at the tour desk and enjoy everything Cairns has to offer. When you return, relax in your 3 bedroom, air conditioned apartment, cook up a storm in your huge kitchen or pop in to town and you have a huge range of restaurants to choose from.
Just remember, this is a gated apartment complex. If you want 5 star hotel styles facilities, then stay in a 5 star hotel. You have several to choose from, if you are willing to pay the price. All in all, a fabulous home away-from-home. Luxurious and gorgeous.

Room Tip: You have a choice of pool view rooms or golf course view rooms. Obviously, gold course view rooms ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank joey1958
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Have just spent a lovely 2 weeks in warm (mostly sunny) Cairns, escaping the cold of Melbourne. I must say I disagree with a number of reviews I have read about Trinity Links. We are Worldmark owners and have stayed in many properties and this one stacks up very well!
We found the staff friendly and helpful. Our apartment was large, well equipped and spotless. The grounds are lovely and the lagoon style pools are great!
Yes a car would be handy, although there is a bus into Cairns city right outside the gate. A bonus is the lovely Cairns golf course right next door. I definitely recommend Trinity Links

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 318Tina
Sydney
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Beautiful place, gardens, pools and friendly staff. I cannot fault anything. My family and I have holidayed here for many years and we have always found this place to be very pleasant. The rooms are clean, the staff are helpful and the pool/s and gardens are glorious. Over the years we have stayed in either pool and/or golf view rooms. We prefer top floor apartments and we don't mind carrying our luggage up the stairs. Keeps you fit. Management cannot do enough for you. We have booked several tours via the office and all have been excellent. I have travelled extensively around the world and realise that each place is different, with different check in times etc etc. This place has a check-in time of 4pm because they allow you to check-out at midday. Before I travel I ensure I research the check-in times, location etc of my accommodation. I know when I stay here that I need a car. I know that I need to go to the supermarket to buy food as the apartments are self contained. But having my own car also means I can drive myself to Port Douglas, Mission Beach, The Daintree, Cape Tribulation, The Tablelands etc etc. My family and I also play golf and we need the car for this as we play at other golf courses around the area. We also play at the golf course next door which is very beautiful. I do not understand all the complaints people make about this place however I have travelled enough to know that maybe some travellers believe if they complain all the time they will receive something for free - like a free nights accommodation or their points reimbursed by Wyndham.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Betwal
Reviewed 9 July 2013

A lovely resort with friendly reception, Pam was very helpful. However, don't expect a leisurely sleep in. The gardener starts the motors at 8am and that is it. Sadly, no more sleep. Rooms are lovely but now I am sleep deprived.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank EveeJ
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at Trinity Links for a single night only the night before this review. I did not check the tripadvisor reviews on this accommodation before staying there. This is very unusual for me, however on this occasion a family member was using Worldmark points for our accommodation. We needed a single night after having flown into Cairns overnight from Bali and wanted somewhere for some decent sleep before the drive home. At least we got the sleep...

I am not at all surprised now to have read the previous reviews in which people have spoken of the 'rudeness' and 'gastapo like' attitude of the managers Ursula and Ross. Although my only dealing with Ross was on the phone prior to arrival and this was satisfactory, my dealing with Ursula on check-in mirrored those previous reviews. I felt that Ursula's main intent when going through the rules was to ensure that nothing we did inconvenienced her in anyway at all, and to ensure we knew that any such inconvenience would result in additional financial expense to us. Although using the Worldmark points for the accommodation, there was a charge of $120 for cleaning of the room. Despite this, I was informed that if we failed to empty our rubbish prior to checkout, we would be charged an additional amount. I'm not sure why the $120 cleaning fee already paid would not cover emptying of rubbish bins!

Without knowing that the usual check-in time was 4pm (assuming it to be 2pm) I arrived at 1.20pm hoping to get in a little early so we could get some sleep. In hoping for a little understanding I explained to Ursula that we had left Bali at 11:15pm the previous evening and had not slept since, I was informed "Everyone has a story like you". I was allowed early access, but was also informed the usual check-in time was stated on my confirmation and felt like I was being scolded like a child for not reading this properly.

The apartments themselves were satisfactory although the bottom sheets on the bed did not reach all the way to the foot of the bed, leaving about 3 inches or so of the mattress protector exposed. The pools did look very nice however we were not here long enough to make use of them. The location is terrible as it is WAY south of the centre of Cairns so if you are on vacation and want easy access to tourist type locations, this is not for you. For us, it suited our purpose simply because it had beds. Also, there is no facilities such as a restaurant or café, so going out to either get groceries or a meal is the only option.

For a specific purpose, this could be reasonable accommodation but on the basis of how I felt unwelcome, I would certainly recommend staying elsewhere and will never return again. I find it interesting that of the 25 previous reviews dating back to 2005, the only response from management (in 2008) claimed that the manager subject of previous bad reviews had left and the new management had a different attitude, yet the bad reviews have piled up since then and not a single response. Either they are not reading the Tripadvisor reviews, or just don't care, but clearly there is a reason for this many poor reviews with similar complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank DBSTEHR

Travellers are raving about these Cairns hotels

Newcastle
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a beautiful property but I would not call it a resort. It would be more accurately described as a gated residential community. It does have a lovely swimming pool & spa area with beautifully tended gardens, and a small barbeque area. There is also a tennis court & Golf course next door. But all equipment is expensive to hire & the office is only open during business hours.
Unfortunately on our arrival at shortly after 5pm the office was closed & upon phoning the after-hours number we were told how to retrieve our key from the safe. We found this a little unwelcoming. The next morning when we went to reception to officially check in the manager although not friendly was not rude & was happy to answer our questions.
If you are wanting a holiday amongst restaurants & nightlife this is not the place for you. Despite the fact that we were way out in the suburbs we did enjoy our stay, but a rental car is a must as the property is a 15 minute drive in to Cairns city centre. Our apartment was beautiful with everything we could want. It was newly refurbished & tastefully decorated. In busy times perhaps the noise coming from the pool could be a little disturbing but during our stay we found the laughter of happy children quite pleasant.

Room Tip: For peace & quite ask for a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple