“QUITE GOOD”

Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Cairns, Australia
“QUITE GOOD”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

It is a very fancy hotel and good place to stay But the view wasnt very good and when we wanted a 2 bedroom room they put us in a 1 bedroom room so we had to go down to the reception and tell them. Other than that we had a very good stay and is very close to the city :)

Room Tip: Choose a room on level 3
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
BogartNikki, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we can offer you a higher floor to enjoy the view when you next stay with us.

I look forward to passing on your positive comments to the team and hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Pullman Cairns International in the near future.

All the best

Pullman Cairns International

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed in the executive suite and it was amazing. Lots of space, which was fantastic for all the outings we were doing. The hotel itself is a wonderful property (the Qantas people stay here at times); pool deck is perfect for cooling off, and the lobby is grand and wonderful. The location is incredibly convenient, close to everything you need to get to. Most importantly, we found the trip booking services very helpful and knowledgeable. From Great Barrier Reef tours, to rainforest attractions, to restaurants, we really owe our good time to the friendly staff on the ground floor.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
BogartNikki, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear DaisySRose,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It sounds like you not only enjoyed the Hotel and its facilities but also the amazing attractions that the region has to offer!

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team and I hope we get the opportunity to elcome you back to Australia in the future.

All the best

NYC
Reviewed 18 January 2013

The service here was excellent but the room was dated and the air vent was filthy. I wish I had spent an extra $20 and stayed at the other Pullman. I stared longingly at it from my room during my stay. Very dated. Invest some money into this place Accor.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank needwarmweatherasap
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad you enjoyed the service provided by the team, I will certainly pass on your positive comments.

I will also investigate the condition of the air vent, I really apreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Thanks again for passing on your feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

I stay in cairns once a month. This time I thought is try the Pullman. I've stayed here before when it was Sebel.

The first room they put me in smelt damp, however they were able to relocate me right away. The rooms are dated and although I traveling alone they gave me a room with two doubles. It had everything I needed for a business 3 night stay. Breakfast was included daily which saved me on average $20/day. However valet parking was $20 on top of the accommodation.

Walking distance to the casino, all restaurants and the lagoon. The pool area is very nice and there is a gym with free weights!! Lots of them. If you are a runner turn right when you leave the hotel and run along the boardwalk. If you get to the fun ship park it's a nice 7km roundtrip. They also
Have free exercise classes along there in the morning so check the website.

Would defiantly stay in the hotel again. Suitable for couples/singles - didn't see many children. There were a lot of overseas travelers so breakfast was always busy around 730.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jasmineo84
BogartNikki, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Dear Jasmineo84,

Thanks for posting your feedback on Tripadvosor.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with, I was particulary pleased that you the hotels great location and that you came across the newly completed boardwalk to the right of the Hotel. You are right, it's a great run!

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us when you are next in Cairns.

Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We flew in from Auckland after a direct flight there from Vancouver BC. We stayed for four days at the end of Nov 2013 which was the beginning of our 6 week Australian holiday. We were thrilled with this Hotel, it was stunning in all aspects ( except the charges for WIFI). Front counter staff and house keeping were very friendly and helpful. The pool and deck area were wonderful, the room patio and its views were lovely. The location was also very convinient to all city accesses.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team in both Front Office and Housekeeping.

I really hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Australia!

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cairns in the future.