Pullman Cairns International
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,306 results
All reviewsseafood buffetpool decklobby barharbour viewbeautiful hotelrooms are largeroom servicetwo double bedstour deskbit datedport douglasthe great barrier reefcasinoconciergegymesplanadeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My impression of this hotel is very positive. It seemed that they are going for a 5 star feel but can't quite pull it off. When we drove up valet were quick to take the keys and assure us that they would take our bags up. They were left in the lobby and after we checked in we checked to see if they would be taken up. The lady asked if our names were on the bags to which we said no and then she said well you'll.have to take them up. Which is fine, but not what was promised. The room on lvl 5 faced the casino which was noisy at night but tolerable. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and adequate. Breakfast was included and I was very excited that there was an egg chef that prepared poached eggs fresh for me as opposed to the virtually hard boiled ones in the warmer. The tour desk was very helpful in booking a sunset cruise for us as well as making a dinner reservation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here two nights. Nice big rooms. Had ocean view and was clean, a little dated but still very comfortable. Nice large bathroom and nice amenities. Pool area was large and clean, as is the gym.

Only issues with hotel was the reception staff. I never once saw anyone smile. Also when I checked in I had issues with the staff understanding the Le club Accor program. (Which I am a member) not the service I expect from 5 star.

I emailed the hotel manager directly about my issues and had very quick and professional response. Because of this I'm staying again next week and hope that I have give a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great hotel, the foyer is beautiful and spacious. The rooms was great, top floor ocean view with two double beds. The bathroom was very nice, only complaint on bathroom is the water pressure wasn't very good in the shower. Only complaint on the hotel is the WIFI situation, you must pay to use WIFI per day, we paid one day and the hotel could not get this working for us and had to reverse the charge. You can use WIFI in the foyer for a short time, but again was a little spotty.

The pool scene was really nice, really enjoyed time by the pool. They do provide cold water and cups there and always had a good supply of towels ready. Not too many umbrellas available so shady spots were a bit harder to come by. There are two pools, I wish one was reserved for adults only and the other to allow children but all in all, pretty peaceful and relaxing.

Tour desk was quite helpful in arranging any and all activities around town and also arranged for us to hire a car for one day (car was delivered to the hotel and keys went to concierge, very convenient).

Spa service was also nice, good prices for massage services; however, it is a little strange the location of the spa being right over the entrance, there was a lot of noise as you went from one part of the spa to the next.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple