“Good for a few nights”

Pullman Cairns International
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Cairns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Purpose of trip was to attend a meeting at the convention centre. Modern business hotel, close proximity to the convention centre, 2 blocks from the start of a running/biking path that goes for 2.8 miles along the coast. Room was clean. Quiet. A few negatives to point out: (i) the air conditioner in my room was broken - only the fan worked. I notified the front desk, a repair person supposedly checked it but didn't repair it. Big bummer. Should have asked to change rooms but didn't want to bother with packing up stuff and moving. (ii) Crappy little gym in the hotel. (iii) Why not put in a new soap in the bathroom each day? Stingy. (iv) espresso machine at the breakfast buffet was broken starting my 2nd day, and remained out of order for the next 5 days - major bummer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Diwan
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We live two hours north of Cairns and often come and stay overnight when getting supplies. I have always stayed at the Pullman reef next to the casino and have always loved my stay there, especially the small touches, newspapers in the morning, easy undercover parking. However I was astonished this time after booking online as I usually do and when I dropped my husband off to check in whilst I went to collect supplies, only to be called five minutes later and told that he was at the wrong hotel. The Pullman is now the old Sofitel hotel across the road from what is now "the reef hotel".
Things went from bad to worse after I arrived and was told by staff that, if I wanted parking it would be anther $20.00. I said no and that I would move my car after I had checked in. When I arrived at the checkin counter where my befuddled husband was waiting, I enquired as to when the change happened only to be told that, the two hotels were not associated in any way and that this was a far better hotel than the previous Pullman. He did offer free valet parking at this stage.
The rooms are much more inferior, small and the bathroom doesn't even come close. I need not even mention the toiletries in the bathroom, I never realised just how spoilt I Was at the Pullman no. 1, no morning newspaper and the fridge was not restocked after day one. Five stars? I think not. Reservation next time will be at The reef hotel and I do hope they continue with what has always been an amazing stay.,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cairns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

great customer service, we live in cairns but stayed the night for a party. normal customer service in cairns is poor, but this hotel was an exception.the rooms are dated but clean. only issue is very small balconies, but that cant be changed .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com