“Great Place to Stay”

Pullman Cairns International
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Cairns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here on Australia Day for just the night and we couldn't fault our stay. Our check in was smooth and the staff member checking us in was very helpful with details about the pool, spa and gym (location, provided towels, etc). We stayed in room 1007 with a view of the water over the Casino and we're pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the spacious bathroom. While you can tell the building is getting on the older side of things, it was impeccably kept so it didn't feel tired. The pool deck is a real pleasure, with plenty of deck chairs to sun yourself on in between dips in the pool. We didn't visit the restaurant but the lobby was again impeccably maintained and created a very welcoming atmosphere. I would recommend staying here on your trip to Cairns.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul C, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hi Katiekatie,
I really glad you enjoyed your short stay. Its great up here in the Tropics when you can swim all year round. I moved here in the middle of 'winter' from the deep south of NZ and whilst the locals were rugging up we were in the pool from day one! we are lucky with our hotel that the room size is so generous - it is really hard to make a hotel bigger so if you haven't got the 'bones' it becomes hard. I hope you will visit agian and give the restaurant a go.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 January 2014

It is the 2nd time I live in this hotel, it was pretty nice experience last but quite the opposite this time~
As an airline crew member, the mechanical engineer and I shared the room. However, only few hours after we checked in, we found money missing from both of us.(we believe about 700 AUS and 1000 Chinese currency were missing, we put our money in different places)
Later, the investigation shows that one housekeeper went in our room only 5 minutes after we left for lunch (we met with the housekeeper in the hallway, she was cleaning another room), the housekeeper was not supposed to enter our room only 3 hours after we checked in. And our beds were not made, room not cleaned anyway. There is no camera in the hallway which leaves a security vulnerability. We call the police later.
To my greatest disappointment, the hotel didn't have any further communication with me or my roommate as we were extremely upset for the next 2 days. I didn't even hear a single "sorry" word coming out of any of hotel crew as if we lost our money on the street instead of the hotel room. This was a poor and frustrated experience ever!!!

Room Tip: one of the 2 hallways doesn't have a camera which leaves a security vulnerability personal belo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lin J
Hi Lin J,
Firstly I really sorry your money went missing. We followed the procedures of your company in dealing with the matter including full co-operation with police which involved a number of my staff being interviewed. I know my staff did liaise with you however I apologise regarding the follow up which did not meet your expectations.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel was amazing from the outside and the inside was even more amazing. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was large and very clean. The location is perfect for the esplanade and other good places to eat. We stayed a night either side of staying on Fitzroy Island. We were on the 13th floor which gave us great views of Cairns and plenty of photo opportunities. Breakfast was well managed with a great choice.

1 Thank Shazbot44
Hi Shazbot44,
I bet there is a story behind how you selected that 'name'. Anyway its great you had a good time in our beautiful part of the world and I'm glad we played our part. Please tell all your friends as we need lots more of you coming over! Thanks for the comments the team really appreciate them.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had 3 nights here in late November, could not fault it, beautiful hotel, reminded me of Raffles a little bit. The staff & service excellent, Location is fantastic, food is fabulous, the seafood buffet is well worth the money we are not lovers of seafood but the variety was great, breakfast buffet also could not fault it. The pool area is also beautiful, we had such a beautiful relaxing stay we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms best as you get to watch the activity on the harbour.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMurp1957
Greetings DMurph,
Thanks for the nice comments - we do get compared to the Raffles quite a bit - if only I could charge the same prices as them! We loved your comment about the food, it is something we work really hard on and I think my guys do a great job - I can tell you it can get very hot and very busy in the kitchen and the team deliver it everyday with good grace and humour. We might even let one of them out to read your review!
Thanks
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights with my other half and it was perfect!

PROS
- Super spacious
- Comfy big beds
- Clean room
- Clean and very nice bathroom
- Front desk staff very helpful and polite
- Tour desk operator helped heaps, she suggested heaps of good places to eat and things to
do
- Pool is great!
- Love the location
- Lobby area is beautiful, love the high ceilings

CONS
- None!

Would come back here for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank justforkickz
Hi Justforkickz,
Wow -great scorecard thank you! I'm really happy because 6 nights is a great stay and I think you truly get a sense of the hotel and not one of those snap shot 24 hr stopovers where you can't remember your room number; with a longer stay you get time to interact with the staff and see if things are really consistent. Thank you for mentioning our great crew on the Tour Desk - they are a happy bunch who love showcasing all the great things to do up here.
Many Thanks