“What happened to customer service??”

Pullman Cairns International
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
perth
“What happened to customer service??”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a Cairns local and was looking somewhere nice to stay for a night out with my partner and a friends 21st in town so decided we would stay the night somewhere. I got on WOTIF.com and saw a 5star mystery deal for $122 I thought this was great so booked it and was excited to find out it was the Pullman as it used to be a sebel and I had heard the Pullman had bought it up to scratch. Upon check-in I was told they needed a $100 deposit on my credit card, no where on my wotif confirmation does it say this and then I was insulted by the receptionist "oh if you had stayed in hotels before.....you'd know its standard." excuse me I've stayed at many hotels in cairns and you are one of the only ones that take $100 normally its just a copy of the card or a $1 transaction to see its still active, I refused to pay the $100 as it was not stated anywhere so I was told to handover my identification, I explain I need it to go out clubbing for a birthday I get told ""its not our problem" I ask can she make a copy and she says no, so during the night I was pulled over by the police, fined for not having my license and to make matters worse I couldn't attend my friends party as the hotel had my ID and the nightclub wouldn't let me in, the next morning my id gets handed back to me without the room even been checked,...>>>? ruined my whole night I wasted my money and the beds were as hard as cement...as a cairns local I'm annoyed and want answers!

Room Tip: don't choose any rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stuiec7
Paul C, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Stuiec 7,
I'm sorry that your night wasn't what you had planned it to be and that certainly wasn't our intention. Taking pre- authorisations, which is not a charge, has been a standard practice for many years to protect hotels from people just taking off in the mornings without paying for incidentals - I'm not suggesting for one moment that that was your intent but we have a system which is designed to protect the hotel - I would say that if anyone is just putting through a $1 transaction they shouldn't be as you shouldn't be charged anything - the pre- authorisation covers that. If we can help you with the Police by stating we had your ID we'd be happy to that. Once again I'm sorry that this has occured.
Regards
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great location, great food, great facilities. Close to everything. Seafood buffet was simply mouth watering. Everything from check in to check out was very professional. The bed was very comfortable as we like a firm bed. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha J
Paul C, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi Samantha J,

Thanks for a nice review -I'm so glad you found the bed comfortable as it has been a funny week with some guests liking and some not liking the beds! Thanks for the kind words regarding the staff and the food I'll make sure they get passed on.
Thanks Agian