“Beautiful place to stay!”

Pullman Cairns International
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel is absolutely lovely. It reminds me of Raffles in Singapore. Everything you need is at this hotel. The staff were attentive, the service great, the facilities are what you would expect. It was slightly noisy when we were there but it's a great conference venue and there were a number of conferences going on in town. This created a great atmosphere, everyone was so friendly and chatty. There was a liquor conference at the hotel during my stay and I was twice invited to their events!! Yes I wanted to go. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is great. Twice as big as the premium room. Two balconies. Better bed, much soft...
1  Thank Kathryn M
Paul C, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Hi Kathryn,

What a lovely review -many thanks. We often get the Raffles comparison (if only I could charge the same prices as them!). It was very busy in August but I really glad you enjoyed your time.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nice & clean & spacious room, centrally located, easy to find, some view, great place to base ourselves whilst doing things in Cairns & day trips around Cairns.
Bonus is lovely climate at this time of year, so we opened the balcony door & turned off the air-con !

Room Tip: go high up for some view & even quieter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the review. You arfe right the weather at this time of year is just special -we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Enjoyed the location, nothing outstanding - paid for the great view and king bed but the room was the same as a room my friend paid almost half price for so wouldn't pay for the upgrade again. Rooms were nice though not that we spend much time in it. Weather in Cairns was gorgeous!

Hi,
Thankls for taking the time to post a review and sorry I am a bit late in replying.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paul C, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

upon arrival after my all night flight at 130pm my room wasn't ready I was told to come back in 30 mn ...I came back at 215 and the room was still not ready...I was made to sit in the lobby where I fell asleep and my room was finally ready at 330pm ...they did give me an upgrade to a suite with a great view but I caught a cold in the over air conditioned freezing lobby...

• Stayed: August 2014
An Accor traveller
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

1  Thank An Accor traveller

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Attended the hotel on a conference and while not terrible (other than the appalling buffet breakfast), it is very average. Short staffed on arrival despite knowing start of conference, the dreaded wall hair dryer that takes forever to dry your hair, the 80s decor, ho hum service - neither good nor bad, and don't get me started on the dreadful state of the buffet breakfast with the hot food particularly bad. The only positive is a nice pool area and I received an upgrade to a larger harbour view room. I'm sure there are nicer places to stay in Cairns.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Denita W

Hi Denita,

Sorry for my slow response - I'm sorry we didn't match up to your expectations but I thank you for mentioning that we did upgrade you. I have noted all your points and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback - we value all of it good or bad.