“Lovely views”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Queensland, Australia
“Lovely views”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in early April and found the hotel very good value for money with 2 double beds in the room, a balcony with lovely sea, city and mountain views and buffet breakfast included in the room rate. The bedding was really comfortable and the bathroom was roomy with separate shower and bath. There was a great children's playground across the road and it only took 10-15 minutes to walk into the heart of the town and the lovely lagoon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TanG68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Great accommodation. I've stayed here many times and never been disappointed. On our way to Port Douglas. Great food and staff are very accommodating. Had a sea view room this time and it was lovely. Also used the gym facilities and it was basic but functional.

• Stayed April 2014
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed being in the heart of all the activities, everything was within walking distance. The hotel and staff were very accommodating to our needs. We want to share our experience about their "honesty" policy. It's the truth. A week after we got back home, we realized that certain items were missing. They weren't really expensive but they were memorabilia's that we hand picked to share with our family and friends. We chalked it up as a loss but each time we thought about the cute koala bear for our granddaughter, we got sad. I decided to email the hotel and lo and behold, the staff had turned in the items that we carelessly left in the room. We were overjoyed and extremely impressed with the staff. I hope that management acknowledges their honesty and integrity because not every hotel can boast about having honest staff. We would like to thank the staff and management of Rdyges Esplanade for their honesty, it certainly adds to my wonderful experience in Cairns.

Room Tip: Not sure what side it was but we got the best of view, Ocean and city view, best of both worlds...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marie b
albany
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay, the staff are nice, the rooms are clean and have everything you need. By booking in advance you get a good rate through their website. The pool is also nice as is the view, we also ate in the restaurant one evening which was very pleasant. This is my second stay and i would return for a third.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Spent 3 nights here nice beachfront position. Pool was good ,staff friendly ,restaurant too overpriced $$ When we arrived in Cairns train station it was a big walk to the resort. Went to the other rydges on the esplanade by the time we got there we were hot and bothered only had a queen size
Room we booked 2 doubles wanted to charge for up grade
But no thank you so gave us up grade at no extra cost so we were happy with that overall happy with the resort

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My friend and I spent 2 nights here, were very impressed with the room, we were upgraded for a small fee of $20 to the top floor, our room had a beautiful view and a small but pleasant balcony.
The beds were perhaps the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It was very quiet and the pools were lovely.
Reception staff efficient and pleasant, car parking off road and undercover.
The only minus....it was a bit far from the town centre, only a 15 minute walk but needed a taxi to get home late at night.
The hotel is showing its age in some areas but generally acceptable.
For less than $100 a night (thank you agoda) it is good value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cardwell, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I travel to Cairns once a week for study. This motel is perfectly located for me. The reception staff are very friendly and recognize me. Clean, professional staff, great views from the higher floors.
Only slight downfall? I've ordered the same meal off the room service menu 3 times and it's been different all 3 times. More continuity is required here. Otherwise, wonderful.
Tip - if u have this motel or Cairns sheridan plaza to choose from, stay here. Much cleaner, friendlier and I'm not expecting a nasty response to my criticism from rydges as I and many others received from the completely childish and unprofessional management at sheridan.

1 Thank scorpio8111