Rydges Esplanade is an older property, typical of many in Cairns.
The positives: the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy, the views are lovely. I was on the 12th floor, overlooking the ocean, hillside and Cairns city - got some great sunrise and night shots. The service at front desk is great, my room was unexpectedly ready on arrival at 7:30am - a pleasant surprise. This is one of the larger hotels in the city which is a good thing for big group stays.
There are only a few negatives: as mentioned, the rooms overall are tired and in need of a renovation - the mini hairdryer connected to the wall in the bathroom & looked straight out of the 80s, as does the decor overall. I had the buffet breakfast on the first morning - I wasn't too impressed with the fruit flies all over the fruit.. but in saying that, my colleague was happy with his buffet breakfast.
Do note this hotel is not within an easy walking distance to the city centre/ clubs/ marina - although you can take a taxi for only around $10 one way.
Overall it's spacious, clean and tidy with lovely views and good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story hotel towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns