“Stay somewhere else” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Cairns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I regretted the choice to stay at this hotel from the moment I walked into the lobby upon arrival. They did not have the room we requested and we had to settle. The room was musty, the carpet was dirty, and if you opened the balcony doors to get fresh air the smoke from others came into the room. Also the internet never worked.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. Close to the airport and the marina.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RRSATL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Indonesian first
Toowoomba, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We upgraded to an Ocean view room and I regret it . The ocean view was small and long way away . Our corner room was really disappointing I would have been happy to pay less and not have the "view" . On the upside the bed was comfortable. Most staff members were nice and helpful. I'm glad we were only passing through. I would not rush to tell my friends about it when there is so much choice on the Esplanade .

Room Tip: Check how much Ocean View you are getting first.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lewisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Nice, large rooms with free wifi available throughout the hotel - apparently a rarity in Australia. I had a balcony with a nice view of the pool and the bay. The staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good. It was about a 10-15 minute walk into the main part of town along the boardwalk.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Chinmay P, Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear slaventure,

Thanks you very much for a nice review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation in Australia and we were part of it to make it memorable.

Regards,
Chinmay & the team @ Rydges Esplanade Resort
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a beautiful hotel! It's quite a large hotel right on the Esplanade which is a perfect location for Cairns, short walking distance to all bars and restaurants. It has 3 pools, a gym, spa, tennis court, bar and restaurant. The rooms are very, very clean and spacious we had 2 double beds in our room which was lovely. Large balcony with an amazing sea view. I would upgrade to a sea view room it's worth that little bit extra. Free wifi and very helpful staff, can't fault it!!!

Room Tip: Sea View!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly O
Chinmay P, Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Kello O,

Thanks you very much for a lovely review about us.

We are please to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,

Chinmay & the team @ Rydges Esplanade Cairns.
Kerang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stay with there with my mother recently and discovered the beds don't get maid. We were there for 4 nights and never had our beds made, we received new towels but never a made bed. Other then that the beds were comfortable, and the oven view was great!

Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights on a business trip.
They were hair on the bed when I got in the room. Linen had stains and holes in them.
A/C is on / off and can't be adjusted.
Had good view from my room facing water.
We stayed here cause we booked a conference room for our presentation. The conference room was very nice and practical. Great service. Pricing was very reasonable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rockhampton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night over the weekend. I booked a mountain view queen, but we ended up in an ocean view double - better view but smaller bed so I wasn't sure which was better but we were happy and had a comfortable stay. The beds were very comfortable and the view was lovely. A couple of small suggestions, I think the pillows are in need of a revamp, the towels were a bit oldish and the shower curtain was more like an old sheet. These were minor things and didn't overly bother us but thought I'd mention. One thing that did disappoint me though is that before we travelled, I signed up to Priority Rewards, one of my main purposes was so we could benefit from a late check out after a wedding - the reception said that they could not offer this to us because there was a large number of check ins the next day - sorry but not my problem, I am the 'priority member'. It's advertised everywhere - so honour it. But glad check out time is at least 11am. Better than other hotels. Breakfast was expensive (full buffet $60 for 2 people), though the food was good. Overall a good stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ocean & Mountain views are nice. Level 12 is a bit high for children.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple