“Cairns queens court hotel”

Cairns Queens Court
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Cairns Queens Court

What a let down, we stayed there for a 6 day holiday trip to Cairns. They have a three section property A, B and C.
C is the new building the one they use for advertising on their web site.
FALSE ADVERTISING
A and B is old and lacks modern facilities, tiled floors the beds old and they slide across the floor. En suite the shower floods the small room. Would not recommend anybody to this hotel.

Room Tip: not recommended
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fay s

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The incredibly friendly and helpful staff make this a great place to stay. They gave advice on places to go and appropriate tours, and booked them for us. Everything is clean and well kept, and the breakfast buffet, though basic, is good - because it starts early enough for days when you are off on a 7am tour and finishes late enough for a lie in on other days! The walk into the city by the Esplanade boardwalk or straight along the main road takes only 15 minutes. We also walked in the other direction to the beautiful Botanic Gardens, although there's also a bus stopping right outside to get you there, or to the northern beaches. The hotel sent the minibus to pick us up from the airport, but it's not far and going back the taxi cost only $20. Try the quirky Flying Monkey cafe opposite for coffee or something to eat, including vegan and gluten free choices, (but go before the high school students come out for their lunch!

Room Tip: Rooms in Block A are noisy on a Saturday night.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in a family adjoining room. Rooms were basic but had all you would need. Spotless clean and a really helpfull staff. Only downfall was pool was not as advertsied, was really small and could do with been upgraded. Came with with buffet breakfast which was lovely. Would stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend for 5 nights and we really enjoyed it. Cleaner comes daily,hotel is always clean. Have a buffet breakfast every morning.The staff and maintenance guys are extremely down to earth, easy to talk to and friendly.They were even giving us umbrellas to go outside when it rained and giving directions to all the good local places with a map. They even picked us up from the airport. We stayed in b block and we had everything we needed including a good aircon system and we can have our own bbq. My boyfriend left his power adapter in the wall and they were even willing to send it back to him. I would recommend this hotel. Brilliant service and good price with lovely staff :D THANKS GUYS

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Donnaperkins
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were picked up from the airport by the hotel courtesy bus. Room was small but clean and adequate. Staff were very helpful and polite. Continental breakfast was included in the tariff. We stayed in the rear building (Block B) which is back from the main road and overlooked the pool and garden. It is handy to public transport but you could also walk to the city shopping centre if you wished . We would return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room that does not face the main road and not to far from stairwells.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would not stay at this motel ever again the reasons being!
1) I had an item of my property stolen from my room.
2) I was treated with Disrespect and contempt by the Manager.
3) I was reimbursed for the item and when the Manager gave the money to me she said "I hope you choke on it".
4) The room we stayed in was a premier room with balcony and austar channels but the problem was the balcony had no table or chairs and the austar was not on our TV.
5) On the bright side the room was clean and serviced daily.
Prospective travelers look elsewhere I rate this motel as very poor.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
3  Thank David C
Ferne K, Owner at Cairns Queens Court, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I do take exception to this review for the following reasons:-

1. The housekeeper who was responsible for cleaning this room is an employee of long standing with an impeccable record and was incredibly upset that a guest thought she has stolen from his room.
2. The item in question was a $10 stubby holder from Pt Douglas - readily available in this area so why would a staff member steal one.
3. All avenues were exhausted by our staff in trying to track down the elusive stubby holder - the reviwers complaint was not dismissed oot of hand.
4. Yes - I possibly could have refrained from my parting comment to the reviewer but his insistence that my staff/hotel were in the wrong and that there was no way that he could possibly have misplaced the item elsewhere pushed me to the limits.
4. Austar availability has been removed from all websites.

We have many guests from all over the world and have never had an accusation of theft levelled at us.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed last week for 2 nights. I rang and booked by phone explaining it was for 3 adults. Booked a connecting room which I thought would be roomier. The second room fitted a bed and chair and was next to the bathroom and toilet which were on the other side of a sliding door. No privacy there and the 3rd person left the room so that the bathroom could be used. No room to get dressed in the bathroom either. Certainly did not look like the picture on the web site.The newer rooms shown were in another block completely separate. Wish that it was clearly explained while on the phone as I would rather pay more for something suitable.The ladies on the desk were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask about the new block
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family