“Boom!”

Ranked #60 of 159 Tours in Cairns
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tandem Cairns offers the closest regular Beach Skydive to Cairns and the only fast 1/2 day trip brach skydive. We are also the closest full service fully self contained skydiving centre to Cairns. Skydive Trips depart daily 8am and 11am with free return transfers from our 5 star skydive checkin and departure lounge located at 96 Lake St, Cairns QLD.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Boom!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Signed up for this, fairly expensive if you want it filmed however worth it.

Very professional bunch of guys from start to finish.

Would highly recommend. I want to do it again, right now!

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best thing I've ever done!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

It was pretty crappy weather (wet season) when I went out to the point where I was questioning if I would even be doing the jump! But luckily I got to tick off one event from the bucket list :)

NOTE: I've been bungee jumping before and that was the scariest thing I've ever done. Skydiving however was a whole new ball park and 100x better than bungee jumping!

PROS
- Staff were incredibly easy going and fun
- Instructions were told simply and properly
- Instructors were very professional but hilarious and laid back (made it easier to relax)
- The 60 free fall was AMAZING!!!
- The relaxing glide down was great, the view was amazing
- I wanted to jump straight back on that plane after I hit the ground!

CONS
- Location is about an hour and a bit away from the city centre but its worth it when you get
there
- Pictures and videos are a tad expensive, however you get a lot of photos, but if you only
like 4 or 5 photos then it isn't really worth it. Depends if you want the whole deal, cause they
start recording from walking to plane to taking of your harness.

Also thanks Tim for the amazing dive and chatting to me on the way up and down :)
You'll be seeing me again!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank justforkickz
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fell for Tandem Cairns”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was my 3rd skydive in Cairns and in all honesty my BEST one by far !

From start to finish the crew were amazing, professional, informative and fun!!
Special thanks to 'Adam' for making us feel welcome and giving that little bit extra to make the day perfect :)

This time I chose the 15,000ft skydive - The higher the better I say!!! But I was extremely jealous when I watched other skydivers land on beautiful 'Etty Bay' . Definitely will have to choose to do that next as the place is absolutely stunning and we got to see a resident cassowary with her little babies - too cute!

Highly recommend jumping with Tandem Cairns, especially after learning that they have more reliability to jump due to the location of their jump zones and minimal interference from plane traffic and wind changes!! - You won't be disappointed!

60 seconds of adrenalin and free fall - Why would you not?

A big thank you to all the tandem crew for making my 3rd jump amazing!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Chelsea-Anne C
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazingness!!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Was lucky to not have any clouds in the sky the jump was fantastic landed on the beach (worth the extra $$). The crew are awesome always joking around and making you laugh to feel less nervous. My tandem partner was Neil and he made me feel so safe and talked to me to whole time. Thanks Neil

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Lozzacd
Cairns, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tandem Cairns”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Why would one jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane at 14,000ft !? The answer is simple !! (if you have done this already you will completely understand)

What have I done ? is it too late to change my mind ? Oh c***, oh *R**, oh **a*, OH ***P, OMG !! ......ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH....... [snap] woooooooooow, weeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeee............ OM, oh no, OMG....... [slide][breath] THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED !!! (insert crazy eyed boy form "The Incredibles" film here)

I did a 14,000ft tandem yesterday with Tandem Cairns. I guess I got lucky, perfect clear skies, slight breeze and a highly professional instructor.

Tim was my tandem instructor, his directions were clear and concise and gave me the confidence needed to fall to the ground from almost 5k's up without need of a new set of under garments.

If the weather is kind to you I would HIGHLY recommend spending the extra $30 to land on the beach. The view is better and the drive back to the field DZ is interesting.

I will be recommending Tandem Cairns to anyone travelling on my tours that is thinking about a Cairns based skydive !!

Visited August 2013