“Do it - At least once”

Ranked #54 of 159 Tours in Cairns
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tandem Cairns offers the closest regular Beach Skydive to Cairns and the only fast 1/2 day trip brach skydive. We are also the closest full service fully self contained skydiving centre to Cairns. Skydive Trips depart daily 8am and 11am with free return transfers from our 5 star skydive checkin and departure lounge located at 96 Lake St, Cairns QLD.
Cairns, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Do it - At least once”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my second Skydive. Never gets boring. Instructors love a bit of 'Death Banter'. who doesn't? It'll be one of the things you alays remember doing.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Trips-4-Tommo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tarneit, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Tandem Skydive”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first skydive. I just happened to walk past their shop and thought the wife's going shopping tomorrow so I booked a tandem skydive for the next day. The next morning, I couldn't wait to get there and do it. I want bore you with all the safety crap they go through before you go up but it's thorough. I had a great instructor who kept cracking jokes on the plane which settled everyone's nerves. I was first one out and can I say you didn't have time to think before you were out the plane 14,000 feet up in the air. The free fall was just amazing, take the time to really enjoy it because a minute or so later out came the parachute. The rest is an easy cruise to the ground so I thought. No the smart alec instructor thought he would put on a be a show and do some fancy gliding stunts on the way down. All good for a while until i yelled out easy bro I think I'm going to throw up, he eased up a bit and no sooner we had landed. As it happened I didn't throw up and he said I was a great sport and the guys on the ground loved it.
I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and the best thing it was all filmed on dvd which I keep watching every now and again to remind me how good this was. As for the adrenaline rush side of it: free fall 9/10, parachute bit 7/10. I highly recommend doing this as the price I paid was excellent value and the experience was absolutely priceless.

Visited November 2013
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Skydive company in Aus!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was really nervous doing this for the first time! But my instructor Mikey made it so enjoyable and fun! Awesome staff, Awesome drop zone and very professional service! I would definitely recommend this fun and professional company.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Just do it!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Top service and experience from the start of the day to the end. We got picked up by the bus at our hostel in Cairns centre, completed the paperwork on the way to the drop zone, which saved a lot of hanging around before getting kitted out.

The guys are brilliant, very professional and make you feel comfortable. The dive is worth every cent, awesome views over the area...rainforest and coastal. Thanks for the most awesome memories guys!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply exhilarating first time sky dive!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first sky dive was so enjoyable and memorable, thanks to such a professional and great crew! Thierry, my skydiver, was simply amazing with his many years of experience and I felt so safe in his 'arms'! It was certainly reassuring as I was the first to jump! It was pure bliss soaring above and through the clouds - literally like superman :)) the views of the mountains, sea and fields were spectacular and gliding was very fun - u get to do different hand and facial expressions too. Definitely worth to get the photo and DVD package. There's also another option to do a second sky dive right after (at an amazing price) if u want another adrenaline rush! An unforgettable experience thanks to tandem cairns! Xoxo

Visited June 2014