“best decision I made for accommodation”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This was the first hostel experience that I have had.I am pleased to say that it was the best decision that I could have made for my holiday. The staff,John and Helen, were extremely helpful and made me feel very welcome. They know everything there is to know about Cairns and the surrounding areas.I had a single room as I wasn't quite ready for the dorm experience! It had a small fridge in it, so I could keep drinks and food in my own room. They also have an aussie bbq night on Mondays and it was a great way to meet other people staying at the hostel.I also noticed that the place was cleaned at least three times a day in the common areas. It always looked spick and span to me which is important.I would stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: book early to get the best room as they are busy.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 May 2011

Great great staff (they know your name and remenber it for the rest of your stay), very clean, no bunks just shared rooms with three beds, very comfy, towel provided, very nice pool and BBQ area with cool ambiance music and the people staying here are very friendly, it's so easy to make new friends! By very far the best hostel I had stayed in I highly recomend it!

Room Tip: Shared dorm are very good value
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2011

The title says it all.This has to be top hostel in OZ, certainly the best weve stayed in on our travels. .John, helen and the team just cannot do enough to make your stay great. Unbiased advice on what to do and best trips to do. Great nights are arranged in hostel where you get to meet others staying there. Just a great place to be.

Room Tip: Book early as always full
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The Traveller's Oasis is an absolute pleasure to stay at - I would totally recommend it to anyone thinking of basing themselves in Cairns for a few days.
The thing that stood out for me was how friendly and knowledgeable the staff were. They really helped me plan my stay and offered excellent advice on where to travel to along the East Coast. Nothing is too much trouble for John, Helen and their colleagues; with their warm welcome and excellent service, it puts many other hostels I've stayed at to shame.
The rooms and communal facilities were all cleaned to a very high standard, you get a bath towel to use while you're there, there's free hairdryers to use, a BBQ, a TV in the lounge and plenty of space outside to sit and meet like minded travellers.
Trust me, as soon as you arrive, you feel like you're at home in a really trusting, friendly environment. You will love it!

Room Tip: Hit up John or Helen for advice on what to do
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2011

it is really the best hostel i've ever been in australia. the staff is so friendly and they always know your name. they have great pizza and delicious bbq nights. the rooms, shower, toilets and the kitchen is very clean. they have a very good knowledge about the tours they offer. if you're searching the best accomondation in cairns you will find it here at travellers oasis. it is awesome!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 9 May 2011

stayed for 3 nights at the end of April with my boyfriend in a double room with balcony. had a warm welcom from the staff (they even managed to remember my name without promting) helped us book trips with some great advice. Rooms were not ensuite but bathrooms where clean and readily available. Didnt use the kitchen area but seemed clean and tidy. The walk to the beach/promenade was around 15minutes but down a main shopping street but this was fine for us as meant we were away from the city centre. Would recomend this place all day long.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I was travelling with girlfriend and her family and what a great place to stay. We were picked up from the airport by the staff. From the moment we arrived John was super super friendly and really helpful. He pretty much helped us plan and organise everything we done in and around Cairns. They can book everything you need. This would have to be one of the nicest hostels i have ever stayed in. I was fortunate enough to meet Kathy and Gabe the owners and they are also great, and its obvious they love the hostel and have put their heart into making it the great place it is.. The staff are all super nice, the place is amazingly clean, and has all the finishing touches that a great hostel should have. It has a swimming pool and an awesome BBQ area. Dont miss the Monday night BBQ, for $12, you cant go wrong, the food is amazing, and you can go back for 2nd's and 3rd's...I loved the fact that the hostel is so laid back and chilled.. its also quiet at night when you want to sleep...The location is great, only a 5 min walk to the shopping centre and main street of Cairns... my girlfriends parents have never stayed in a hostel and said they loved it...I have stayed in lots of hostels, and i wouldnt stay anywhere else in Cairns..thanks to John and the staff at Travellers Oasis for making it a great stay...
The Canadians and Jade.