“Great Place to Stay - good value, and truly excellent and friendly staff!”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I recently stayed at Travellers Oasis for 5 days and had a great experience. The staff (John, Tom, Helen, and Gabe) were all very personable and helpful. John, who we interacted with most, in particular went out of his way to make sure my friends and I connected with the best tours, events and restaurants in Cairns (that fit our budget and need for adventure). The accommodations were clean, and the atmosphere relaxed. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Cairns.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 May 2011

From my two week stay at Travellers Oasis in Cairns, Australia I can easily recommend it as a five star quality backpacker’s hostel. Here’s why Travellers Oasis Hostel is so great…
• I recieved a warm, friendly and helpful welcome daily from John and Helen and all the Travellers Oasis Hostel staff
• There’s a variety of good quality rooms, I stayed in a dorm room, as requested, that had no more than 3 beds in it, no bunk beds , linen and a towel for my stay included.
• I was given loads of ‘first hand’ unbiased knowledge of what to do and see in the Cairns area and down the East coast of Australia
• Nothing was too much trouble for the Traveller Oasis Hostel staff – whether you had a quick question about the hostel or where best to eat and drink in Cairns etc, or need a longer chat about your Australia travels and booking tours – they were extremely attentive, enthusiastic and motivated to help.
• They recommended and booked me on Great Barrier Reef, rainforest and activity tours that suited my budget, timescale and interests, all at competitive rates.
• Travellers Oasis rooms and communal areas are clean and tidy and guests respect that - I witnessed the military cleaning process – the Travellers Oasis guys really go the extra mile to make the hostel as clean, tidy and as presentable as possible
• It has a great atmosphere to the place, I met like-minded travellers of all ages and nationalities there to chill out at this cute friendly hostel, take some trips around the Cairns area and have lots fun.
• It’s got everything you need, a pool, a bbq and a hammock and only a short stroll from the shops, esplanade and the best of Cairns bars and restaurants – but far enough away so you are not on top of it.

I was a little wary of staying in a hostel, having not stayed in one for a while and liking my home comforts but I couldn’t have chosen a better place to stay. Travellers Oasis Hostel in Cairns, the friends I made there and the recommended trips and tours I went on made my visit a fantastic one to remember.

My only other slightly observation about Travellers Oasis is that the male staff could all do with a bit of a hair cut!!! John, Tom and Gabe, only joking guys, loving the long haired, unruly look!! Of course helen always looked fab!

Thanks for a truly great stay x

Room Tip: Book now to avoid disappointment - great value!
1  Thank Catsales
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This was the first hostel experience that I have had.I am pleased to say that it was the best decision that I could have made for my holiday. The staff,John and Helen, were extremely helpful and made me feel very welcome. They know everything there is to know about Cairns and the surrounding areas.I had a single room as I wasn't quite ready for the dorm experience! It had a small fridge in it, so I could keep drinks and food in my own room. They also have an aussie bbq night on Mondays and it was a great way to meet other people staying at the hostel.I also noticed that the place was cleaned at least three times a day in the common areas. It always looked spick and span to me which is important.I would stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: book early to get the best room as they are busy.
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Great great staff (they know your name and remenber it for the rest of your stay), very clean, no bunks just shared rooms with three beds, very comfy, towel provided, very nice pool and BBQ area with cool ambiance music and the people staying here are very friendly, it's so easy to make new friends! By very far the best hostel I had stayed in I highly recomend it!

Room Tip: Shared dorm are very good value
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2011

The title says it all.This has to be top hostel in OZ, certainly the best weve stayed in on our travels. .John, helen and the team just cannot do enough to make your stay great. Unbiased advice on what to do and best trips to do. Great nights are arranged in hostel where you get to meet others staying there. Just a great place to be.

Room Tip: Book early as always full
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The Traveller's Oasis is an absolute pleasure to stay at - I would totally recommend it to anyone thinking of basing themselves in Cairns for a few days.
The thing that stood out for me was how friendly and knowledgeable the staff were. They really helped me plan my stay and offered excellent advice on where to travel to along the East Coast. Nothing is too much trouble for John, Helen and their colleagues; with their warm welcome and excellent service, it puts many other hostels I've stayed at to shame.
The rooms and communal facilities were all cleaned to a very high standard, you get a bath towel to use while you're there, there's free hairdryers to use, a BBQ, a TV in the lounge and plenty of space outside to sit and meet like minded travellers.
Trust me, as soon as you arrive, you feel like you're at home in a really trusting, friendly environment. You will love it!

Room Tip: Hit up John or Helen for advice on what to do
Reviewed 11 May 2011

it is really the best hostel i've ever been in australia. the staff is so friendly and they always know your name. they have great pizza and delicious bbq nights. the rooms, shower, toilets and the kitchen is very clean. they have a very good knowledge about the tours they offer. if you're searching the best accomondation in cairns you will find it here at travellers oasis. it is awesome!

• Stayed: May 2011