Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssister hostelpizza nightdidgeridoo competitionsingle roommonday nightair conaussie bbqthe east coastcommunal areas arefree tea and coffeefree wififantastic hostelcoin operatedhome away from hometropic daysfavourite hostelfelt like home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed in the Deluxe Double for two nights which was definitely worth the little bit extra (with TV, fridge, balcony and hammock!). Helen and Marco were lovely and really helpful. Superb chilled atmosphere and great location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

I had never stayed in a hostel before so was pretty nervous. But It couldn't have been better! Wonderfully clean, the staff was incredibly knowledgable and helpful about helping me plan a trip to the tablelands and out to the reef and making sure my stay was a great one.

All the other hostelers were very respectful of the shared spaces and I got to know some great people.

Thanks much!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

One of the best hostels I've been to - amazingly helpful and lovely staff, great atmosphere, really good location. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My friend & I have been traveling Australia & staying in hostels in each location, & this was by far the best one we have been to. For just a few dollars more we had our own room, rather than an 8-10 person dorm in other hostels. Very clean & nice. The best part was the customer service- the people working were so helpful. Explained a map of Cairns when we first arrived, offered discounts at nearby restaurants, & helped book tours & answer questions for our stay here as well as our next stop along the east coast. Could not be happier with our experience & would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had a great time at Travellers Oasis and I met a lot of good people (thanks for that because the weather was terrible!), I stayed for one week.
The place is clean (3 times a day, kitchen, etc...), looks absolutely great and there is no bunk beds (the beds are really comfortable).
I think the rooms are mixed and there is air-con ($1 for 3 hours).
The kitchen are good, as well as the showers (they are not many but I never had a problem).
There is a swimming pool, WIFI thru the hostel ($10/day or $6 from 4pm till 10am), washing machines, dryer...
There is a couple event a week, a pizza / beer night and a Great Aussie BBQ, where you get to try different kind of meat (emu, croc...), and then you can go out in Cairns with your free drink ticket!
It's about 10 minutes walk into the centre of Cairns.
I recommande Travellers Oasis to everybody!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo