“All-around service”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I found travellers by the good ratings on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The hostel is awesome, one feels immediately relaxed by simply walking from the street into the area. The stuff is super friendly and always willing to help. Best thing: tour booking. I contacted them in advance about an overnight trip to the Reef and Helen picked (and later booked) immediately a tour that fully matched my ideas (from the about 50 tours to the reef that are offered from Cairns). Being there I booked two more tours that were both very good as well.
Bottom line:
Awesome premises, very friendly and helpful staff and excellent tour desk!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Comfortable beds and clean. Tea, coffee, towels included. I was only in Cairns briefly but they were very helpful in booking my tours to the Great Barrier Reef and the Cape Trib. It was very windy and waters very choppy to the reef and one of the ladies brought in sea sickness pills from home to give to some of the people doing Reef tours. They also held my bag for me as I checked out in the morning but had the Reef tour during the day before I flew back to Brisbane. I definitely recommend this hostel and I actually did to others backpackers I met elsewhere on my trip.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We travelled around australia staying in hostels and this was definitley the best one we stayed in. We had our own room and this was not expensive. It was actually very cheap. Great location. Helen (from liverpool I think) was amazing. She was so friendly and really took time to get to know you. She organised great trips for us and when we returned she would make a point of checking how it was. When we arrived we were shown around the hostel unlike YHA hostels where you are just told your room. It has a really nice atmosphere and we made some friends here. The pizza night is great!
Good bbq and tv areas and clean showers and toilets. I will definetly be recccomending this lovely place of paradise to my friends and will be staying here again if I return to Cairns.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

It's more similar to a bed & breackfast then a backpacker! Wonderful staff, perfect clean, great furnitures, comfortable beds with towels included, coffee,tea and milk for free... Awesome balcony with amaka so the best place to stay in Cairns

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Cristina82Sbt
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is one of the loveliest hostels I've stayed at. The staff are amazing. They were so attentive and helpful for the four days that I stayed there. As a lot of them had come from overseas and done a good bit of traveling themselves they were able to give me great tips on tours and trips.

The hostel itself was very comfortable. The place was nicely decorated giving it a lovely homely feel. It was very well kept and I felt really relaxed staying there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I never stayed at a hostle that nice before! The staff is awesome, very helpfull, friendly and welcoming! The rooms where clean and no bunkbeds yay =) Bathrooms nice and clean. The whole atmosphere at the hostle is just great!!! Great outside area to chill and a nice pool =)
If i ever come back to Cains i woudn't wanna stay anywhere else!! I really didnt wanted to leave. Travellers Oasis made a good holiday just awesome!!!!
Thank you sooooo much!!!!
Natalie

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I backpacked all over Australia and this was the best hostel everrr! The staff are so friendly and really knowledgeable about all the tours, listen to their advice and book through them and you'll have to most incredible time. (e.g. Helen really found out what type of person I was and knew exactly what to recommend) All the facilities are well cleaned, well stocked etc. The hostel is just so friendly and welcoming. Everyone is really chilled, the location is great, the weekly meal deals are great. I could not have asked for anything more. Stay here!!

Room Tip: I was in a single for the first night but moved straight into a dorm room. The dorms are pretty smal...