“November 2011 - totally recommend!”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Me and my husband spent our honeymoon at this hostel in November 2011 and it was the best decision! very nice and clean, stuff is very friendly and helpful, nice and clean equipment, barbecue was fantastic, kitchen as well and it has a very good location

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travellers Oasis Backpackers

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and loved it - staff super helpful, rooms clean, quiet, great travel advice - honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else. Good location, far enough out of town to miss the noise but close enough to go out in the eve.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I arrived at Travellers Oasis in June 2012 - it was my first stop after arriving from the UK so I was really nervous but the staff put my at ease straight away Kerri and Helen were so helpful and attentive as they are with all of their other guests. They helped me book my first few excursions to the reef and the rainforest and were so knowledgeable and the tours were fantastic, they really knew what they were talking about!

I found it so easy to make friends with other solo travellers, everyone is so laid back! We enjoyed hanging out at the hostel by the lovely pool sunning ourselves and having lots of BBQs! I ended up extending my stay from 1 week to 2 weeks. I was then offered a job working cleaning the hostel for accommodation which was great as all of the staff were amazing - Mickey and Rachel were so helpful and I could really see the passion all of the staff had, including the owner Cathy, ensuring the guests would have a very clean, relaxed and enjoyable stay. They spray all of the beds every day to ensure there are never any bed bugs and everything is always so clean and tidy. The bathrooms are absolutely spotless (I know this after scrubbing them with bleach!!) We got treated great and working there meant we got a free meal every night at the Woolshed and discounted drinks which was a great money saving plus!!

My friends I have made during my stay at Travellers Oasis will remain friends for life. Since leaving the job to travel I regularly come back here to stay, knowing I will always feel so at home in a comfy bed with a quiet nights sleep and with friendly people around. The staff - especially Helen, goes above and beyond what anyone would ever expect from hostel staff and I would consider her a really good friend.

I really would recommend staying here to everyone. I have stayed in many other hostels and this is by bar the best I have seen in Australia.

Thank you all so much for everything - keep up the good work Travellers Oasis I know I will be back again soon!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I found this hostel and as the name sugests it is a travellers oasis!!! In this harmonious place I enjoyed my staying in Cairns better than I had planed.
About the place: all the hostel was super clean (the room, the bathrooms, the kitchen, the pool, etc. )
About the staff: they were so friendly, warm and they couldn't have been more helpful!!! They helped me chose a wonderful dive and a awesome snorkeling trips.
I recommend this place if you want to feel welcomed, confortable and cared for, this is the best place to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed at Travellers Oasis during 4 days, and it was great ! The rooms are clean, comfortable and nice. Bathrooms and kitchen are OK and well equiped. The staff is so available and friendly, they give us a lot of advices and help us to find the perfect tours !!!
Thanks a lot for this great moments and hope to come back soon !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

One of the best hostels I've been in. The staff were so friendly and would go out of there way to help. Also one of the cleanest I've ever been in. They also have regular nights like pizza night to encourage getting to know everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hostel is very nice! Every point of the building is taken care of minimum detail, i advice this place because it's cheap, staff is very kind and available at every request from room to tour issue. There is a pool, 2 kitchen, and the other services (shower, restroom) are well located, clean and are enough for all guest!

Room Tip: Room on the north side is quiter
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo