The previous reviewers have pretty much covered it:
- really excellent staff - some of the friendliest and helpful we have encountered
- free and actually useable wifi is great
- double rooms were comfortable; for me, the pillows weren't the best (too hard), but that is a personal preference; every room has a fridge (at least the twin and double rooms) - I love that
- BBQ Monday night was great, even for a vegetarian
- pool area was nice and I always enjoy a good swing in a hammock
- kitchen was fine - there are two (I only used one); always a problem with other travelers not cleaning up after themselves properly, but you'll get everywhere unfortunately
- cleanliness throughout - the staff always seemed to be cleaning and I felt everything was pretty clean in the shared areas
- location - we had stayed a few nights closer to the Esplanade, so we were a bit spoiled when we moved here; but it's really not that far - probably 10-12 mins to the water.
My only suggestion would be that they enforce the "quiet after 10pm" rule as rooms are never very sound proof and sound carries throughout the area.
Would definitely recommend this hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Travellers Oasis Backpackers Hostel in Cairns.Travellers Oasis is a charming little guest house offering cosy and clean facilities to the budget conscious traveller, in a friendly and relaxed environment.Centrally located in a quiet area, our guests can relax in our sparkling pool, or lie back in our hammocks and chill out to the music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Travellers Oasis Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Oasis Backpackers Hotel Cairns